Crookes Endowed School

On 17/10/2020 at 16:44, Davidhsiddal said:

I attended Crookes Endowed School in the 50's I can remember three of the four houses being Sherwood, Epping and Dean can anyone tell me the name of the fourth.

Hi David.  Your name sounds very familiar.  I wonder if we knew each other?  The name of the 4th house was Arden ...another forest. 

11 hours ago, joep10 said:

Here's me replying 14 years later, don't suppose you can remember a Christine Plant or Philip Foster? Grandson of Christine Plant here...

Hi joep.  Yep, it's been 14 years since I initiated this thread but I do drop in to the forum periodically.  I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the names you give above.  Perhaps if Skippy is still around he may know.  Keep in touch.

I attended Crookes Endowed from 1979 until it shut down. I remember Mr Driscoll,  Mrs Elizabeth Gilbert, Mr Markham, Mrs Marshall, Mrs. Crookes & Mrs Hollaway.

I attended Crookes Endowed from 1961 - 1967 and Mrs Thomas was the Head Teacher then. I remember Mrs Kirk was the infant teacher & Mrs Brittain was the juniors teacher & also Miss Ramsden. It was only a small school but a very good school I think. Mr Sencer was the caretaker & Mr Howarth was the lollipop man outside the school. I also used to live on Forres Road so only a short walk on Carson Road past The Masons to school .

Hello everyone, saw this post a few years ago, and just revisited it today, I thought I had posted to it.....but anyway here goes again, I was there from 1957-58 through to leaving and going to Tapton, started in Mrs Kirk's class, finished in Miss Ramsdens class with Mrs.Thomas headmistress( she used to be Miss Salvita) we lived just up the road from the school at number 137 Crookes, terraced house opposite Kandy Kabin sweet shop, families were Siddalls, Fidlers, etc. My sister Judith used to go there as well to Crookes Endowed she was 12 yrs older than me,

Skippy (member)is still going strong, I am friends with him on Facebook, I am in Australia now as well, been here since 1975, and live in Perth....

Anyway bye for now, Kevin L.

On 01/01/2006 at 04:06, SputnikBoy said:

Whew ...I'm on a roll here. I wonder if there is anyone participating in this forum who was a past student of Crookes Endowed School - circa 1952-57?

Some of the kids I remember were Terry Severn, Colin Horsefield, Derek Bown, Raymond Jessup, John Beardshaw, Colin Beardshaw, Roger Steele, John Barron, Barry Alsop, Michael Frost, Raymond Needham ...oh, I could keep going.

Some of the teachers were Mr. Grant, Mr. Shaw, Mr. Harris, and Miss Ramsden. The principle's name was Mr. Glossop.

I realize that none of you are kids any more :hihi: but I still am - in my mind anyway. Does that suggest a problem that requires therapy? Anyway, love to hear from some or any of you. I was Rod, the good looking, academic, and talented one who was 'bussed in' each schoolday from Fulwood Cottage Homes which was later renamed Blackbrooke Mount.::heyhey:

Derek Brown is my Dad

I'm sure Phillip Foster was the son of Hendy & Winnie. He was a good friend of my brother Doug Page. He often spoke of Foz.  I believe sadly Phillip was killed in an accident many many years ago. Possibly a motor bike accident.