Prelude Club

Were any of you members of the Prelude Club held at Sheffield United clubhouse back in the 1970s? IT doesn't seem to still exist but I suppose it was of it's time. Anyone know when it closed?

Grannypat

7 hours ago, grannypat said:

Were any of you members of the Prelude Club held at Sheffield United clubhouse back in the 1970s? IT doesn't seem to still exist but I suppose it was of it's time. Anyone know when it closed?

Grannypat

where was the clubhouse?

I was the founding chairman of Prelude...it was my idea.  I had to give it up when my job took me away from the area. I would like to think it helped a lot of people find a new partner/life although the predatory males pretending to be unmarried were a serious concern.  By the way, it wasn't founded in the 70s, it was started in 1980 at Bramall Lane SUFC Social Club. Unfortunately I cannot recall any of the names of the committee but I would be pleased to hear from them.   It all kicked off when I wrote to The Star responding to a letter from a lady who was newly single and found difficulty in meeting potential new partners. I was myself "newly single" at the time.