Sign in to follow this  

Ignorant car parkers

Where do i complain about(apart from on here!) people parking their cars across the path or up on the path near my house? So annoying esp with the biggest pram in the world that i have to lug onto the road to get past GRRRRR

Some useful links in the "Double Yellows" thread.

Unless there are double yellows, I think nothing can be done...

If the cars are parked illegally you need to contact Street Force at the council

if there is no parking restrictions in place, then no where as no right to complain.

If they are parked illegally, but you don't want to complain, print a sheet of A4 saying how annoying they are, then use wallpaper paste to glue it to their windscreen.

A few hours scraping should annoy them enough to stop.

If they are parked illegally, but you don't want to complain, print a sheet of A4 saying how annoying they are, then use wallpaper paste to glue it to their windscreen.

A few hours scraping should annoy them enough to stop.

That my friend is criminal damage, and can end up with you in court, or a smashed window if they put 2+2 together and come and plant a fist or rock through said window.

Also, doing that is just a cowards way out.

That my friend is criminal damage, and can end up with you in court, or a smashed window if they put 2+2 together and come and plant a fist or rock through said window.

Also, doing that is just a cowards way out.

Indeed it is criminal damage in the eyes of the law. But in reality there is no lasting damage, just a major irritation. It's not like I'm suggesting slashing tyres or scraping paint.

It may also be the cowards way out, but when fighting things, you should always be prepared to lower yourself lower than your lowly opponent.

I think parking on the pavement is a police matter as they are causing an obstruction. I must admit though that when I'm out with a friend who has a toddler in a pushchair and we come across cars blocking our path I am so tempted to 'accidentally' scrape my way down the side of the car. Not that I ever have done but it does get me cross when some fool worried about his wing mirrors forcess people to walk out into the traffic flow.

....I must admit though that when I'm out with a friend who has a toddler in a pushchair and we come across cars blocking our path I am so tempted to 'accidentally' scrape my way down the side of the car...

know the feeling, decided to pop a few little notes on the car windows and was really nice about it, some cars have parked nicely since and some are just T***s so ive reported to street force and they are investigating, am i becoming a grumpy old woman? heh!:hihi: