Hallam Towers redevelopment plans

Few people want to see it demolished.

Really?, anyone I know who has expressed an opinion, thinks the place is an eyesore and should never have been built in one of the finest Victorian suburbs in Britain. I would gladly contribute towards its demolition :)

I don't think it's worth saving, it's not a nice building, it's horribly 70's, it should be demolished and replaced with something low/mid rise, that doesn't clear the tree tops, or something high-rise but inovative/interesting and in keeping with the surroundings.

I don't think it's worth saving, it's not a nice building, it's horribly 70's, it should be demolished and replaced with something low/mid rise, that doesn't clear the tree tops, or something high-rise but inovative/interesting and in keeping with the surroundings.

It's a fantastic building and should not and will not be demolished. It really sets off that hillside, views from Banner Cross or Nether Green would not be the same without it.

The planning permission issues are probably mostly to do with the high density of pokey little low rise flats they want to build in the grounds.

Archived