Where are the ginger-ists?!!!

mmmmmm brie of despirate housewives:love: :love: :love:

yeah - every ginge gets ripped at school - its always banter tho!

Hi,

Can I just say, I've read all the threads on this post and have the following to say on the subject:

All those who claim 'it's just a bit of fun', and try to justify 'gingerist' attitudes / behaviour, are, ultimately, just trying to justify discrimination.

We wouldn't dream of making fun of someone with a disability, or mock someone for the creed / colour (at least we hope you wouldn't), because it is offensive and upsets people. So why do the minority still maintain that it is 'okay' to scoff / mock / joke about / bully redheads? Think about it? It seems ludicrous.

This discrimination thrives on 'pack mentality', to justify prejudice values and attitudes. Individuals often tend to 'make light' of an issue which causes serious offence to others.

Being 'gingerist' is certainly a social taboo. Discrimination can have various harmful effects on the emotions of children, teenagers and adults. To dismiss as 'harmless fun' is to ignore the damaging effects it has on other humans. Suicide, self-harm, eating disorders, O.C.D., are but a few manifestations of the stresses felt by individuals who are discriminated against. Seems more serious now doesn't it.

In the fullness of time, and perhaps due to discussions like this, a higher level of understanding, appreciation, respect can grow? After all, life is for having fun, not being downtrodden.

Thanks

---------------------------------------

Life is not a dress rehearsal.

I really hope youve never made a single joke about a fat person.

I really hope youve never made a single joke about a fat person.

Would you be offended?

Is this teasing about redheads something new? I''ve had red hair most of my life (i was bald as a baby!) and I've never been teased about it ... now it's getting lighter and I'll probably end up blonde by next year at the rate the white streaks are appearing :(

People praised my "lovely hair" when iI was a kid, so I've naturally always thought it was a desirable colour to have. And people are a bit wary of you as they think redheads have a bit of a quiick temper ... so it's all good :)

Is this teasing about redheads something new? I''ve had red hair most of my life (i was bald as a baby!) and I've never been teased about it ... now it's getting lighter and I'll probably end up blonde by next year at the rate the white streaks are appearing :(

People praised my "lovely hair" when iI was a kid, so I've naturally always thought it was a desirable colour to have. And people are a bit wary of you as they think redheads have a bit of a quiick temper ... so it's all good :)

I think it may depend on the vibrancy of shade, strawberry blondes don't seem to ge the abuse in my experience.

Would you be offended?

Id be offended by the posters quite unbelievable hypocrisy....

but fat jokes are anther standard form of pisstakes and as such, nothing to worry about..

Id be offended by the posters quite unbelievable hypocrisy....

but fat jokes are anther standard form of pisstakes and as such, nothing to worry about..

Unless of course you've been hounded all your life from school, through home, and at work by unfunny tw@s who think they're popular & clever :rolleyes:

Unless of course you've been hounded all your life from school, through home, and at work by unfunny tw@s who think they're popular & clever :rolleyes:

I have been actually.

From about age 10 right up to the present.

I get called a fat pig by small children on a semi regular basis...You dont even wanna know what the adults say..

Its just part of life.

Its just part of life.

But it's unacceptable - thats the message here from the OP, mate.

It shold not be part of life, what gives the people who name call the right to do it?

But it's unacceptable - thats the message here from the OP, mate.

It shold not be part of life, what gives the people who name call the right to do it?

Yeah..but war, poverty and disease arent acceptable either..You can solve those while youre changing the nature of society as well.