Do you remember the Tripe Man

Does anyone remember the chap who used to drive around in his Land Rover selling tripe and cow heels door to door ? Would have been in mid to late 1970s and always on Thursday and Friday nights. May have been other nights as well but certainly Friday night in Arbourthorne, Manor, Manor Park, Wybourn, Norfolk Park, Richmond and Woodhouse areas.

Did this guy have a green Landrover with a canvas back on it rather than a hardtop... and what looked like dustbins in the back?

It was definitely a canvas top Landrover but can't remeber about the dustbin type things.

Does anyone remember the chap who used to drive around in his Land Rover selling tripe and cow heels door to door ? Would have been in mid to late 1970s and always on Thursday and Friday nights. May have been other nights as well but certainly Friday night in Arbourthorne, Manor, Manor Park, Wybourn, Norfolk Park, Richmond and Woodhouse areas.

I reckon anyone who could devour owt like that had to be a total out & out mucky git, with absolutely no respect whatsoever for their insides. :shocked::twisted::gag::loopy:

I remember the tripe man coming round on the Manor Estate on friday evenings with the horse and dray before he got motorised ,tripe and onions was a favourite meal for us in those days.The tripe man was named Reuben Short and they had a shop just up Scotland St.I got my first pair of clogs from a shop almost next door in 1940,half a crown 2/6p and remember my boss telling me that when you get used to them you will want to wear them for sunday,s how true that was but they sure took some getting used to