Darnall Train Station - parking

Bobby30

:roll: I have lived in Sheffield all my life and didn't even know there was a train station at Darnall :(:blush: :blush:

Yes, on the end of a residential street, also a gennel through from prince of wales road.

Trains on the Sheffield to Lincoln line stop there every hour plus a few Saturday only Cleethorpes trains.

:roll: I have lived in Sheffield all my life and didn't even know there was a train station at Darnall :(:blush: :blush:

It seems you are not the only one. The station is one of the least used stations on the entire network.

If it was easy and cheap to close the station down, it would probably have closed years ago. However you have to go through Parliament to close stations down, hence one of the reasons the station remains open.

Perhaps if they spent some money on the place and advertised its existence, more people would use it. At the moment its not very inviting as stations go.