Driving Schools/Instructors

Don't do it Tia - spread your learning over a period of time.

Many people wish to pass their Driving Test as soon as possible and many driving schools advertise 'Pass Your Test in One Day/Week'. It looks very appealing - 'bus it' this week, drive yourself next week, but consider the following:

Experience in driving on all kinds of roads and in all kinds of conditions is essential if you wish to become a good driver.

Not everyone is suited to an intensive course. Confidence is one of the biggest factors when it comes to being a good, safe driver and not everyone has that natural confidence. Building up driving experience over a number of weeks improves confidence levels enormously.

If you have a busy home or work life and/or have little or no prior experience or knowledge of driving, you will find it almost impossible to learn a new skill without a break between lessons. This gives your brain time to assimilate all the new information you will be taking in and results in more productive lessons.

It is not usually possible to get an early date for the Theory and Practical Tests and you can't apply for the Practical Test until you have passed the Theory Test. This means that most people need between ten and twelve weeks as a minimum from starting to learn to drive and taking the Practical Test, and the majority of our pupils spread their own learning over a much longer period, taking one or two hours per week. By doing this you are not only more likely to pass first time, but because the pressure is off, you are more prepared and relaxed and are more likely to become a better, safer driver.

I firmly believe that it is not possible to learn all the skills and gain the vital experience in a day or a week, and we don't therefore offer this type of intensive course. We can, however, tailor a course to suit your needs over 10 to 12 weeks and this should equip you with the skills that are essential to survive in today's road and traffic conditions. This will, however, entail you taking more than one lesson each week.

I've just got a lady instructor starting with me so if you'd like details, please PM me.

i had loads and loads of lessons 2 years ago and i failed my test and then i stopped driving. I think a weeks intensive course will do me fine because i have the experience and confidence etc.. so i personally think it is each to there own.

take note on what saxon says it makes sense, alot of instructors that advertise intensive lessons on the basis of pass in 1 week don`t say which week.

Paul Bennett School of motoring

lessons £17.00p/h first lesson free block booking discount 10 lessons for £160.00

telephone 0114 2348374

Archived