Why do drivers do it

Rules 168 and 169 must be two of the most ignored of then entire HC.

Why oh why oh why do people in small cars insist on staying in the centre or left of a road when they are turning right at a crossroads with traffic lights?

Is it simply to annoy anyone who wants to go left or straight on?

The number of times I see this around Sheffield REALLY annoys me!

Usually anyone with sense would pull over towards the centre of the junction in preparation for their right turn, but NO! you get someone in a Yaris or Micra holding everyone up for a full turn of the lights, simply because they are too stupid to position their vehicle correctly.

I can completely understand this with larger vehicles, Vans, Lorries or even large cars, but it is USUALLY small cars which seem to do this!

Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Why oh why oh why do people in small cars insist on staying in the centre or left of a road when they are turning right at a crossroads with traffic lights?

Is it simply to annoy anyone who wants to go left or straight on?

The number of times I see this around Sheffield REALLY annoys me!

Usually anyone with sense would pull over towards the centre of the junction in preparation for their right turn, but NO! you get someone in a Yaris or Micra holding everyone up for a full turn of the lights, simply because they are too stupid to position their vehicle correctly.

I can completely understand this with larger vehicles, Vans, Lorries or even large cars, but it is USUALLY small cars which seem to do this!

Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I can tell when most drivers are turning by the attitude of their car on the road. It gives no mechanical assistance to the turn whatsoever but maybe they think they're driving an artic ?