Foods you hated as a kid but enjoy now (& vice versa)!

I find it interesting how our tastebuds and preferences change and develop down the years.

As a kid, I hated gravy. I'd eat my Sunday roast dinner - including the Yorkshire pudding - completely dry. I'd even eat sausages, mash and onion gravy without the onion gravy - I just wanted a pile of very browned fried onions instead. These days, I'm completely the opposite - I can't get enough gravy - I like everything drowned in it... so much so that the gravy is swilling off the edge of the plate!

I also disliked strong cheese - I liked plasticky stuff like Edam - or bland, mild cheddar....these days, the stronger, the stinkier, the mouldier the cheese, the better.

As a little kid, I loved meringues, marshmallow and candyfloss. These days, you couldn't pay me enough money to eat any of those things. Even the thought sets my teeth on edge. Ugh!!

When I was a child I hated Danish Blue cheese, loathed avocado, couldn't stand curry, would pick the tiny red pepper bits out of Vesta meals. Loved lambs testicles.

Now the opposite is true.

Lambs' testicles Taxman?? Is that the same thing as what I call "sweetbreads"? If so, it's a coincidence you mentioned them, because I used to really like them too, when I was a kid growing up in the '60'-early 70's.

My old dad used to get them by the bucketload on Saturdays, from some local farm in High Bradfield, and we always had them for Sunday breakfast, lightly fried, with bacon, egg and fried fresh tomatos. He'd simmer them in a light vegetable stock on the Saturday night until they were cooked through, chill them in the fridge overnight, then on the Sunday morning, he'd dip them in seasoned flour and quickly fry them in the same pan as the bacon, until they were brown and a bit crisp on the outside. Delicious! I haven't had sweetbreads since...oooh!...maybe the early 70's! I wouldn't have a clue where to buy them these days.

.............broad beans, parsnips, most cheeses. Can't bring to mind anything I liked as a child and don't like now.

Lambs' testicles Taxman?? Is that the same thing as what I call "sweetbreads"? If so, it's a coincidence you mentioned them, because I used to really like them too, when I was a kid growing up in the '60'-early 70's.

They were just called lamb's fries, nothing as refined as sweetbreads (which are more often the thymus or pancreas glands).

Any strong cheese inc. blue.

Any offal.

Olives.

Bacon or ham and any red meat (still don't like ham unless it's off the bone)

Cod roe

I'll eat just about anything now.

When I was a kid I hated cheese, spinach & Butter beans. Now I love them all.!