Price for an outdoor "toilet"

My property's outdoor "tiolet" is on the land of my neighbour's garden. They are very keen on demolishing both of ours and theirs, and then build a patio for picnic and BBQ. They would like to buy that "tiolet" and that piece of land underneath it from us and ask how much we would accept. Both properties are freehold.

We currently use it for storage but dont mind the idea of selling. Just have no idea about the price. Has anyone got a similar experience of buying or selling such odd item?

They have hinted to perhaps buy us a small wooden hut to put in our garden as an exchange if we want to store anything. Does it sound reasonable?

My property's outdoor "tiolet" is on the land of my neighbour's garden. They are very keen on demolishing both of ours and theirs, and then build a patio for picnic and BBQ. They would like to buy that "tiolet" and that piece of land underneath it from us and ask how much we would accept. Both properties are freehold.

We currently use it for storage but dont mind the idea of selling. Just have no idea about the price. Has anyone got a similar experience of buying or selling such odd item?

They have hinted to perhaps buy us a small wooden hut to put in our garden as an exchange if we want to store anything. Does it sound reasonable?

When I read the first bit, this was my thoughts. I would say not a cheapo one though. A reasonably good one I would think is reasonable exchange.

Thanks, Ash. Maybe we would just ask for less than a grand. :-) Don't particularly like the idea of having a plastic or wooden hut in our garden.

I would ask for more than a grand, ask for £2.5 grand and see what counter offer they make.

Your neighbour needs the land to carry on with their planned garden so no point giving it away for cheap.

keep it once its gone its gone, they will have parties. all summer

keep it once its gone its gone, they will have parties. all summer

On the other hand if they keep it civil, they might get invited to them! All the party, none of the clearup! :D

Also:

a. make them pay your legal fees;

b. you'll need your mortgagee (lender) to release the sale site; and

c. ensure that your solicitor tidies-up the easements (private access rights) appropriately.

Thanks, everyone. Was being naive to think that we could just take the monies and shake hands to seal the deal ..... Didnt realise a tiny piece of land and an old tiolet could worth £2K :-)

Thanks, everyone. Was being naive to think that we could just take the monies and shake hands to seal the deal ..... Didnt realise a tiny piece of land and an old tiolet could worth £2K :-)

next door did :suspect: