Your memories of Josephine's Nightclub.

was there a dj there called Mark Maclaine or was he in scamps :huh:.....he was really nice though :)

Yes he used to DJ at both clubs and i bumped into him a few years ago.

At the time he had a sandwich bar in Westminster and was opening the McDonalds franchise at Tankersley. His mop of blonde hair had turned into a polished top!!

• 8 months later...

hi grounsy,i worked on the door for a few years and remmber dave growns very well,please give him my regards,i later went to work at napoleons,robbie was a good grafter allways was,any way just thought id leave a hello message for david,my respect and regards

anyone remember Kid Creole (he'd just played the City Hall with his Coconuts) in the ladies toilets with 2 girls... leave the rest to your imagination.

haha the y were funny,i used to drive them round sheffield in my american car and was the prcussionists bodygueard,never was told why he needed one but fun times,i was working the door at josephines at the same time,the lead singer august was a bugger for the ladies

No, David Growns, i'll get him to read this, he'll post something next week sometime

haha a thought just occurd to me,we went to allastairs wedding and i sat next to your dad in the church i wonder if you were the baby he was holding then,allways laughed cos off the amount off tissues and other baby items he had in his pockets,something i came to appreciate when i became a dad,in case you missed my other thred give him my regards,it was about 81 -83 i was on the door,with kieron and paddy and mick then i moved to napoleons,

• 4 months later...

Just thought id wright a couple of lines.

I too went into Josephines through out the 80s-90s.

I used to love the place.People say it was a posers place with ten bob millionaires.Well as someone whos worked on the shopfloor of a few engineering companies,i wasnt one of them.Ok,some of the lasses didnt want to know you if you worked in places like engineering.They were the ones who were after the footballers and snooker players.Its a few years ago while stood in a pub in Chapeltown,that one of these said ladies walked in with her husband/boyfriend.My god,i couldnt believe how much weight she'd put on and the cheek of it wanted to start to talk to me.How the mighty have fallen.

I can remember big Jim the bouncer,Paul the guy in the gents toilet selling aftershaves etc.Marylyn in the wine bar and the chinese girl who worked in the cloakroom.The queing to get in.Felt great to wear a suit,after being in overalls all week.

Last but not least.The bloody taxi que outside.Especially the last friday before Christmas.

Still walk passed now and have a look up at the old place.Many happy nights in there.

We should all have a reunion.I know theres one every friday at Michelles bar.But it should be near the old place.