Footballers and Agents.

I saw a headline about the Owls manager refusing to deal with agents but I know quite a few footballers who say clubs won't deal directly with them and without agent they would find it impossible to find a club etc.

Is Carlos breaking the mould and if so will this work out better or worse for players in the future?.

Can anyone shed any light on the ins and out of this system?.

I can't shed any light on it, but I totally agree with the stand CC's making.

Agents tout their player around several clubs with the sole intention of filling his and the player's pockets.

They create unrest amongst their present club, other players in the club and the supporters. The targeted club feels obliged to 'talk' and is often pressured in to a position they don't want to be in.

No smoke without fire raises it's ugly head, and some Agents almost force a club to sign their man.

I feel it will be better for the player, the Managers and the clubs involved to bypass any Agent involvement.

I hope other Managers follow CC's lead and rid the game of this scurge.

I can't shed any light on it, but I totally agree with the stand CC's making.

Agents tout their player around several clubs with the sole intention of filling his and the player's pockets.

They create unrest amongst their present club, other players in the club and the supporters. The targeted club feels obliged to 'talk' and is often pressured in to a position they don't want to be in.

No smoke without fire raises it's ugly head, and some Agents almost force a club to sign their man.

I feel it will be better for the player, the Managers and the clubs involved to bypass any Agent involvement.

I hope other Managers follow CC's lead and rid the game of this scurge.

I understand what you are saying but with the system as it is now won't that make the majority if not nearly all the quality players unattainable?.

Maybe I'm wrong I don't really know.

But how does this explain his £370k plus that was spent in agent fees last year? In the top 6 of all agent fees spent in that division?

I won't talk to them, I will just pay them.....:hihi:

Guest sibon

Carlos said that he won't deal with agents. The club still have to in order to carry out transfers and contract negotiations.

He was referring to the growing trend for player's agents to speak to the manager about issues like selection. He refuses to do that and expects the players to deal with him man to man. A good stance in my opinion.

Edited by sibon

Carlos said that he won't deal with agents. The club still have to in order to carry out transfers and contract negotiations.

He was referring to the growing trend for players to speak to the manager about issues like selection. He refuses to do that and expects the players to deal with him man to man. A good stance in my opinion.

I've just read it and think you've hit the nail on the head it's nothing to do with transfers and more to do with players already at the club.

I've just read it and think you've hit the nail on the head it's nothing to do with transfers and more to do with players already at the club.

Where is the article please?

Where is the article please?

I googled it and it was in a few newspapers.