May merkel clinton running the world

"The womb has nothing to do with why men and women's brains are wired differently."

Of course it doesn't but they used to think that - you suggesting that a woman is wired differently is based on what? It must be some physiological thing, hormones,womb, breasts? What? Or do you just know it because you get out so much? Please tell me, what is it that causes men and women to be wired differently in your opinion? And what difference does this create in a woman's ability to perform in a particular role?

I am not a biologist so I wouldn't know why women's brains are different. I just know that they are. I can tell you that it isn't their breaststroke because the brain develops before the breasts.

Women are different to men, pretending they are the same is stupidm

I am not a biologist so I wouldn't know why women's brains are different. I just know that they are. I can tell you that it isn't their breaststroke because the brain develops before the breasts.

Women are different to men, pretending they are the same is stupidm

But why do you think that? Is it just biological? What examples can you give that show women's brains are different? Or is it perhaps because society treats them differently from birth? Girls are given pink rooms and dolls to play with and encouraged to nurture, they're told off if they bully where boys aren't (I've experience this first hand, "boys will be boys"). Of the women I have met who are in positions of power (two MDs, various project managers and so on) I can see absolutely no difference in capability to men.

But why do you think that? Is it just biological? What examples can you give that show women's brains are different? Or is it perhaps because society treats them differently from birth? Girls are given pink rooms and dolls to play with and encouraged to nurture, they're told off if they bully where boys aren't (I've experience this first hand, "boys will be boys"). Of the women I have met who are in positions of power (two MDs, various project managers and so on) I can see absolutely no difference in capability to men.

The old nature/nurture debate is one of my faves. The answer will be a mix of both.

I have never said that women are less capable than men.

I would be pleased to see three female major political leaders on the world stage at one time. Maybe more will surface, as we all sit back with alarm when looking at the state of the world since 1989 when the Soviet Union collapsed. The females can do no worse than the old grey haired men in their pin striped suits have done, desperately trying to keep the status quo.

Merkel's one big miscalculation appears to be deciding that her country can take in a million refugees. Other than that she has done better than her (male) predecessor.

I am surprised at the number of people on the Forum still believing that Trump can win the US Presidency. I see him losing in a landslide, unless something totally unforeseen happens. Compared to him, HRC will have the safest pair of hands possible.

But disappointing to see PM May has already committed one major gaffe very early by appointing some like Johnson into a major governmental cabinet post. What could she have been thinking ?