Cottage lane school formally Whiteley woods school

I went to whitley woods left in 1971 Mr windle was a great teacher also Mr elise my name is Ian Deighton

Hi, Miss Harbron was the Headmistress when i was there I cannot think of many of the teachers but there was Mr Turner (Pop ) Mrs Worral, Mrs Johnston ( or Johnson) and the allotments at the back where we grew the veg for dinners , and also having to walk up the lane from Bents Green in the snow because the school bus could'nt get up the lane, then they would put on porridge or sometimes bacon and tomatoes and as we were all supposed to be 'sickly' children the breakfasts were a bonus, the rest period after dinner, outside in the summer but how we were supposed to sleep, I never did anyway, walks down to Forge dam (Nature Study) just a good lark on a summers day . I also seemed to recall the lady in charge of the kitchen she used to live in one of the cottages on the right hand side lower down the lane Mrs Biggs or Briggs ?

I was there from about 1950 till 1960 (ish)

The place is now a private dwelling , still very imposing but alas you can only view it from the lane and the right hand side between the cut and the playing field. Ciao Ian

Hi adnil you must have been there when I was do you

remember Cliff Sheldon Rob Sidebottem they left 1960 .

Hi I went to this school Who remembers miss sturdy

Edited by Spike63
Add picture

Hi would be nice to catch up with anybody who went to cottage Lane school or Whitely woods as it was known when I started there's not a lot of us I know wasn't the biggest school was it

Edited by Spike63

Hi this is to the heretic Christine was only 16 when she died not 18 Such a tragedy miss her every day  I also went Whiteley Woods School later to become cottage lane