Toxic weedkillers

Please read and sign the petition.

Sorry it all went wrong.

Edited by PeteMorris

What toxic weedkillers? Mind you by definition they are all toxic to weeds!

Obelix.

My god, you are quick. I was trying to post an article ,re, Monsanto and a cancerogenic weedkiller and posted a link direct to my email . !!! Everyone on the forum could go straight to my inbox.

I'll try and find the proper link.

Roundup isn't toxic to humans..... only certain growing plants.

Obelix,

I'll find the proper name of the weedkiller.

Obelix,

I'll find the proper name of the weedkiller.

roundup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyphosate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyphosate#Genetic_damage_2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyphosate#International_Agency_for_Research_on_Cancer

International Agency for Research on Cancer[edit]

In March 2015, the International Agency for Research on Cancer published a summary of their forthcoming monograph on glyphosate, and classified glyphosate as "probably carcinogenic in humans" (category 2A) based on epidemiological studies, animal studies, and in vitro studies. It noted that there was "limited evidence" of carcinogenicity in humans for non-Hodgkin lymphoma.[9][12][13][144] The IARC classifies substances for their carcinogenic potential, and "a few positive findings can be enough to declare a hazard, even if there are negative studies as well." Unlike the BfR it does not conduct a so-called risk assessment weighing benefits against risk.[145]

The BfR responded that IARC reviewed only a selection of what they had reviewed earlier, and argued that other studies, including a cohort study called 'Agricultural Health Study', do not support the classification.[146] The IARC report did not include the German regulatory study published in December 2014, nor did it include industry-funded studies.[citation needed] Monsanto called the IARC report biased and said it wanted it to be retracted.[147] It started a case against California's carcinogen classification in 2016.[148]

Dangerousedd,

I think you presumed correctly,https://secure.avaaz.org/en/stop_glyphosate_loc_eu/?bYAmObb&cl=10081552100&v=77072.

I think caution would be my watchword.

A close friend of mine farmers in the Pyrenees. Managing a small scale operation. He farms

with an organic approach . Avoiding "glychoes" like the plague. I often help out in the Spring and Summer periods . Now this friend is a very practical, knowledgable and reasonably successful farmer.

Ah organic....

Ever seen the herbicides and pesticides that organic farmers use? They are a lot more lethal and dangerous to humans than glyphosates are. They do a good job of killing bees as well.

Ah organic....

Ever seen the herbicides and pesticides that organic farmers use? They are a lot more lethal and dangerous to humans than glyphosates are. They do a good job of killing bees as well.

Obelix,

Yes, I've been close to some of the stuff. But only when I've been kitted out like I was removing blue asbestos.

It's not the stuff my friend uses. It's just constant attention and hard work from dawn to dusk.Of course ,the yield of the crops is nothing like they might have been if he had used weedkillers and pesticides . But of course there are organic farmers and there are organic farmers.

Next door to my mate's farm is an Agribusiness farm- growing Rape.

Herbicide and Pesticide drift is a constant problem for my friend and

other organic farmers bordering agribusiness operations.

Edited by petemcewan

I'm fairly certain they wont kill everything as that's unnecessary, and expensive, and you need insects to pollinate rapeseed to get the best yields. Why on earth would you think they kill everything anyway? And just what is the apparent hatred of glyphosate - or have you some objection to what is one of the safest herbicides ever created?