Do you race drones north Sheffield

Hi guys

Don't know if this is in the right section but I'm wondering if anyone north Sheffield races quads?

I myself race 250 size fpv quads and and the only place I know is with a few friends in dronfield but it's a long travel for a few short races so I find myself a field away from everywhere and have a blast.

So either are there any clubs around here (Foxhill) or does anyone have race meetings somewhere around here.

Sounds a strange request but maybe someone is in the same position as me.

Cheers

I wouldn't mind having a go, can you recommend a drone I should buy?

I've currently got or had a Husban X4 (lost it trying to fly when the wind was too high), a Syma X8W and a Syma x7.

Oh crikey mate that's a big question, there are loads out there but I have a zmr250 frame with afro escs , dys motors, naze32 flight controller , flysky transmitter and quanum v2 goggles, all bought from hobbyking.

Everyone's different and setups are different too but it's loads of fun though

Oh crikey mate that's a big question, there are loads out there but I have a zmr250 frame with afro escs , dys motors, naze32 flight controller , flysky transmitter and quanum v2 goggles, all bought from hobbyking.

Good grief! Is that Klingon?

couple of good 250 quads

zmr 250

blackout 250

dont even bother with the cheap chinese carbon frame ones there not carbon frames and motors are crap

---------- Post added 26-04-2016 at 19:46 ----------

a good place to race them is a underground carpark

True, don't go for a ready made set as like grand says they just chuck any thing in the package and it wont be trustworthy.

Problem with underground car parks is getting noticed but its fantastic there if you dont ;-)

Good grief! Is that Klingon?

Lmao! You took the words right out of my mouth :D

You build it yourself then? Not just use an off the shelf drone?

Do you use googles for FPV? Or is it all done with LOS?

you use googles for fpv flying are you could use a screen but not as good the v2 googles are a lcd screen that go into a sleeve to act like googles very good if you just want to try it out are just getting into fpv flying as there cheap and a good alternative to lets say a pair of fatsharks as they will knock you back min 200 quid

---------- Post added 27-04-2016 at 16:45 ----------

these are v2 googles

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__97842__Quanum_DIY_FPV_Goggle_V2_Pro.html

exellent value for what they are like i say if you just getting into fpv well worth going this route first incase its not for you but alot of people before this setup over propa fpv googles

---------- Post added 27-04-2016 at 16:50 ----------

you can built one yourself if you can solder its easy to do and all parts can be bought from one place

are you could just buy one new are used just dont get a copy buy a original model

i would reccomend the following

qav 250

mxp 250

blackout 250

zmr 250

dont forget you will also need fpv gear aswell as your quadcopter and googles

you will need a fpv transmitter and reciver and camera most people use a 600tv line camera

if your quadcopter is running at 2.4ghz freq then your fpv equipment will need to be 5.8ghz

oh yea also will need a set of cloverleaf antennas for fpv setup never turn your fpv gear on unless antennas are attached will toast your gear

Edited by grand

How much would a mid range one cost to put together

depends what you class as mid range mate