Sheffield's Hospital consultant suspended

The words you may be looking for are "bringing the employer into disrepute".

It's a fairly elastic notion of course...never more so than where theocratic and/or ethnic minorities are concerned ;)

That's the phrase, I was trying to put the groceries away whilst fending of my daughter from eating half of it.

He made Islamaphobic comments= http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-doctor-under-investigation-for-islamophobic-comments-about-muslim-colleagues-1-7778959

Seems like a doctor with racist views to me, deportation back to his country is what I think should happen.....

---------- Post added 08-03-2016 at 18:11 ----------

It's wrong, it really is as simple as that. No matter who or of what faith it's wrong, you wear the sterile gear provided for the operating theatre.

Angel1.

He didn't get suspended for that hijab incident did he? :rolleyes:

He made Islamaphobic comments= http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-doctor-under-investigation-for-islamophobic-comments-about-muslim-colleagues-1-7778959

Seems like a doctor with racist views to me, deportation back to his country is what I think should happen.....

---Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE1 View Post

It's wrong, it really is as simple as that. No matter who or of what faith it's wrong, you wear the sterile gear provided for the operating theatre.

Angel1.------- Post added 08-03-2016 at 18:11 ----------

I think if you actually read my post it says nothing about the Doctor. It relates to the wearing of inappropriate clothing in the operating theatre, which is wrong, you wear the sterile equipment provided.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 08-03-2016 at 18:11 ----------

Two things mafya:

1. You're wrong - it hasn't been proven that he made islamophobic comments.

2. On what base/law do you suggest deportation? Is islamophobia illegal in UK?

Leaving a patient under anaesthesia?

To go off and pray dude??

You have any evidence this is true?

---------- Post added 08-03-2016 at 20:30 ----------

I think if you actually read my post it says nothing about the Doctor. It relates to the wearing of inappropriate clothing in the operating theatre, which is wrong, you wear the sterile equipment provided.

Angel1.

He didn't get suspended for allegedly asking someone to wear sterile equipment though did he?

Please engage brain before typing. :hihi:

---------- Post added 08-03-2016 at 20:32 ----------

Two things mafya:

1. You're wrong - it hasn't been proven that he made islamophobic comments.

2. On what base/law do you suggest deportation? Is islamophobia illegal in UK?

The comments are attributed to him and I wouldn't like to be treated by a bigoted doctor with a hatred of Muslims in the same way others wouldn't like to be treated by a Muslim doctor who hates non Muslims.

---------- Post added 08-03-2016 at 20:37 ----------

so when did islam become a race rather than a religion?

It didn't, islamaphobia is a form of differentialist racism that the racists think is acceptable as they trot out the line that Islam is not a race.

How would it be interpreted if I started saying I hate Christians?

Edited by mafya

The comments are attributed to him and...

You have any evidence this is true? :hihi:

He didn't get suspended for allegedly asking someone to wear sterile equipment though did he?

Please engage brain before typing.

Use your brain when replying. And also while reading. Angel didn't react to alleged suspending. She wrote about necessity of sterile gear. No mention of doctor's suspension. Can you see that? Do we really have to type it twice for you?

I wouldn't like to be treated by a bigoted doctor with a hatred of Muslims in the same way others wouldn't like to be treated by a Muslim doctor who hates non Muslims.

I agree. I also wouldn't like to be treated by doctors who violate the health&safety standards. Now I'm just wondering what happened to the doctor who violated safety procedure, abandoned her patient, and prioritized her personal belief over professional duty...

How would it be interpreted if I started saying I hate Christians?

Has anyone claimed he hates Muslims? I didn't notice, correct me if I'm wrong.

And I personally don't care if you (or anyone else) like/doesn't like Christians/Muslims/atheists. I believe that everyone should have the freedom to voice their opinions. And I'd like to keep my freedom to call some opinions stupid :)

Edited by Branyy