Crosspool Police Station

JBFox

Would you actually stop commuters from stopping and using a shop at the police station site? If so how? If not, then I think a planning application would be challenged (and defeated) on the basis of inadequate, safe, parking. Much like recent applications at Parkhead, I think. Although I didn't follow that closely enough to know exactly what happened.

As an aside, what is happening at the petrol station site at the end of Selbourne Rd? Is that still going to be a petrol station and shop, or just a shop, or something else entirely?

I don't think anyone could stop people from using a shop without mitigating circumstances. There aren't that many commuters as such that pass Lydgate Lane..there are some school buses but they don't stop, they just drive through! Even so, the road outside the premises has a yellow zigzag on it, which I assumes means no parking.

I head the petrol station was going to be a supermarket but then some councillour protested against closing their precious petrol station... Shaffaq Mohammed I think he was called. Needless to say, he didn't get my vote!

---------- Post added 17-02-2016 at 17:12 ----------

If you feel like a politician, then you probably live in cloud cookoo land with them. Do you run/cycle to the offie, in which direction.

Are you my secret admirer? It's a bit late to surprise me with Valentine's flowers!!:hihi:

I didn't mean a café, I meant a shop where you can buy things like washing powder, bleach and alcohol. I have lived in the area all my life and have never known the police station to be open to the public...which is a shame as it would be handy for reporting crimes. It may as well be put to good use as a grocery shop. It would be easier than trekking in to the village shops or going to Broomhill then walking back up again with heavy shopping.

Surely Crosspool or Crookes are within easy walking distance, the site on the brow of the hill opposite a park could be a major issue with parking, as it is at school times.