McCloskey's Apocalypse

jgghkhkgggghtnnbhj

Edited by EdmundH

My OH used to sing with them and I was a groupie, viz. I had the car.

I heard Mick Wilson on Radio 4 several decades ago and saw Deborah, his wife, perform at a Linda Smith memorial tour earlier this century, 2007 or 2008.

Edited by max

vbghzgzhfgfghjjkkjjk

Edited by EdmundH

there was a thread on her a few months back I think. I remember them at the Sheffield Playhouse in a production of Midsummer Nights dream I think it was. It was many many years ago

Hmm.. Thanks for the Info Max, it's nice to know that Mick is probably still alive...

But the study published by Psycological Science... That's really interesting...

My OH tells me she sang in his next band: Mick Wilson's Scratch Band. Mick is now into fine arts and, I think, has a studio in Hebden Bridge.

The Broadfield on Friday night, great nights from my teen years, they were a cut above most of the local bands at the time.

Great memories, thanks for re-kindling them:cool:

Saw them at the Wharncliffe at Firth Park.A cut above other bands

Anyone remember the gig in Weston Park when a skinheads Doc Martens got hoisted up the flag pole :hihi:

jgdgjgjfgfgfgbhjghg

Edited by EdmundH

I was a regular at The Broadfield on Friday nights. Also saw them at the White Lion, Heeley, The Minerva, University Drama Studio amongst others. And of course Weston Park. I do remember the boots up the flagpole incident too. Anyone remember Mick Wilson setting some unfortunates hair alight at the Broadfield while doing his fire breathing bit? It got put out with a pint of Trophy

I went to some of the reunion gigs in 2004 or thereabouts.

I think Mick Wilson must have thought I was stalking him for a while because I kept popping up near wherever he was living. In 1970 I was living in student digs in Broomhall and we saw each other almost every day as he walked up to the University. I worked in Hebden Bridge for a while and stayed in a small hotel there. I used to see Mick in the corner shop. The oddest one was in 1978 when I worked in York on a temporary contract and the firm I was with put me up in a house on Lower Ebor Street, next door to Mick Wilson. I don't know who was most surprised when we came out of our respective front doors on the first morning I was there.

They were different and had some depth to their repertoire, I met someone who had a decent tape, with a good selection of their own songs, of one of their gigs at the Broadfield. Wouldn't mind hearing it again if its still out there.

Forgive me if I'm thinking of the wrong band, but did they have a band member named Ray, a partner in a building company at Hunters Bar? Half way through a set he'd put his instrument down, get out an electric screwdriver and knock up a four shelf Ikea unit then resume playing :D

Was that McCloskey's Apocalypse?

;D

Forgive me if I'm thinking of the wrong band, but did they have a band member named Ray, a partner in a building company at Hunters Bar? Half way through a set he'd put his instrument down, get out an electric screwdriver and knock up a four shelf Ikea unit then resume playing :D

Was that McCloskey's Apocalypse?

;D

I think the details might be wrong* but in general you're right. The last time I saw Raymond Stanley Higgins he was up a ladder outside a house at Hunters Bar.

*IKEA and McCloskey's weren't concurrent, so it would most probably have been an MFI four shelf unit.

Edited by 1789a