Dissapearance Of Lewis Haines

36 minutes ago, Longcol said:

What distande was he carried and over how long? AFAIK the rivers down that end  - Porter Brook and Sheaf - are both largely underground which would have  greatly reduced the possibility of a body being spotted.

The reports said the River Don and I want to say he was found near Attercliffe but not 100% sure and some news reports surrounding this case have been removed since I last looked at it.

17 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

The reports said the River Don and I want to say he was found near Attercliffe but not 100% sure and some news reports surrounding this case have been removed since I last looked at it.

Potentially only one moderately heavy rain event needed  to move a body that far given the Sheaf is largely in culverts from roundabout at bottom of Granville Road through to confluence with the Don.

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Potentially only one moderately heavy rain event needed  to move a body that far given the Sheaf is largely in culverts from roundabout at bottom of Granville Road through to confluence with the Don.

I believe you but I do note that the summer of 1995 was a particularly hot and dry one. 

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

I believe you but I do note that the summer of 1995 was a particularly hot and dry one. 

Best part of an inch of rain in 7 September would have shifted a lot of stuff downstream pretty sharpish.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Best part of an inch of rain in 7 September would have shifted a lot of stuff downstream pretty sharpish.

What website did yiu get the information from? I know Lewis disappeared in the May. His parents went all over looking for him but found nothing. It would be useful to see what the rain forecast was like in May 95 when he disappeared. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

What website did yiu get the information from? I know Lewis disappeared in the May. His parents went all over looking for him but found nothing. It would be useful to see what the rain forecast was like in May 95 when he disappeared. Thanks.

https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/sheffield/year-1995

Inch of rain 16 May and 24 - 29 May  was reasonably damp.

Thought he disappeared early June,

17 minutes ago, Longcol said:

https://www.extremeweatherwatch.com/cities/sheffield/year-1995

Inch of rain 16 May and 24 - 29 May  was reasonably damp.

Thought he disappeared early June,

Thank you and yes, he did, 9th June 1995. Ooops. In all my years of researching cases, I've never got the facts wrong. Oops that's embarrassing. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Thank you and yes, he did, 9th June 1995. Ooops. In all my years of researching cases, I've never got the facts wrong. Oops that's embarrassing. 

Not to worry Irene, I'm sure Albert Einstein made the occasional mistake..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1