Building noise regulations

I can understand the noise aspect of Industry having lived in the East end of Sheffield when the hammers and rolling mills were at full tilt [wish they would return tomorrow].

However I have worked in the building trade and I can assure you that it is a trade governed by the weather.

A team of bricklayers for instance may be laid of due to rain ,frost or snow.,Come the weekend and the sun comes out so they decide to make hay while the sun shines .

Bingo they have some wages to come in .Then the nimby's start complaining about noise , dust, mud on road and so on .

So the family's of the building workers end up with no money usually around this time of year.

Building work is not like sitting in a cosy office or call centre or shop work it is work when the work is there or possible.

So are you suggesting that to many builders, the building regulations are secondary to the builders needs? I'm not sure that that would be the attitude I'd want from builders working for me.

Weekdays people tend to be out at work. Having your house rattling around on a much needed day off isn't great. Especially if you have people over or want to relax. Being next to a building site is really disruptive.

Weekends people tend to be at work! Some days people tend to be at home unless your a office jockey

So are you suggesting that to many builders, the building regulations are secondary to the builders needs? I'm not sure that that would be the attitude I'd want from builders working for me.

Building regulations apply to the actual building work and have nothing to do with noise .

How many on these threads have to do D.I.Y at weekends for instance or have had a mate of a mate to do them some cash in hand at weekends when that is the only time either party can actually do the work.

Most of the moaners I would like to bet.

There is also some work that can only be done at weekends.

Edited by samssong

Building regulations apply to the actual building work and have nothing to do with noise .

How many on these threads have to do D.I.Y at weekends for instance or have had a mate of a mate to do them some cash in hand at weekends when that is the only time either party can actually do the work.

Most of the moaners I would like to bet.

There is also some work that can only be done at weekends.

So are you trying to suggest that the conditions imposed during the planning application process not apply to the builders?

I have no idea as to what conditions were imposed .

As quoted in earlier post "Construction & demolition works that are audible at the site boundary shall only take place between 7.30 - 18.00 hrs Monday to Friday ; 8.00 - 13.00 hrs on Saturdays.

Personally I'd probably give them the benefit of the doubt that it was a "one off" but if it continues they are breaking their planning application conditions which are enforceable. That particular condition was put in place to make the works somewhat acceptable to those who have to live alongside whilst it takes place.

As quoted in earlier post "Construction & demolition works that are audible at the site boundary shall only take place between 7.30 - 18.00 hrs Monday to Friday ; 8.00 - 13.00 hrs on Saturdays.

Personally I'd probably give them the benefit of the doubt that it was a "one off" but if it continues they are breaking their planning application conditions which are enforceable. That particular condition was put in place to make the works

Thats it then the lads are out of order

see next post.

Edited by samssong