Parson Cross Park

Hi again Bob & Brenda. Yeah there are some good threads on here. Talking of the steel houses I knew Brenda and her family lived in one of them but didn't know which one. I used to live at top of black hill third house on right. Used to have great fun sledging down the hill when it snowed in the winter.

hello deerlands remenber when we both fell asleep making hay at a farm in the village called DUNWORTH

Sure do Brian. Remember when we all used to go to the farm, potato picking in Dungworth where your brother worked. What did we use to get 7 shillings and sixpence. Back breaking. On our way home we would buy fire works from Hillsborough corner. Them were the days.

Sure do Brian. Remember when we all used to go to the farm, potato picking in Dungworth where your brother worked. What did we use to get 7 shillings and sixpence. Back breaking. On our way home we would buy fire works from Hillsborough corner. Them were the days.

sure eddie days i never foreget

Hi Loneranger (Brian)

Do you remember the games we used to play on Deerlands Ave. Hide and Seek

tag, playing on the fields back of my house. We used to set up our own running races in the park. Brings back some great memories. Thinking of our friends. Bob Jennings, David (sadly passed) Brian and Dennis Farrell, Thompson girls, Eunice Jennings, Diane Hill. My late brother Dion, Georgie Parkin Gee I could go on and on.

• 4 weeks later...
used to knock about with Pete shaw as teenagers, at one time he lived in ingalow ave just off lindsay ave, lost touch a long time ago, would love to know hows he doing.

love this Forum

I too Bob. Would love to know where any of the family is now.

• 6 months later...

Parson cross park was at the bottom of our garden,can you remember the two hills,one at the Lindsay end and one at the buchanan end? It was my playground when I was a kid,before it was a park.I can remember the huge earth movers leveling the park,en tout cas made the park.

• 2 years later...

lived in Deerlands Ave from being born in1946 to getting married in 1966. When I was young the area now known as Parson Cross park was a cornfield.

My friends and I used to love it when the hay had been cut. We used to have lots of fun. Then it was changed into a park. 

Can anyone remember when the field was changed to a park?. I'm sure it was still a cornfield when I attended Lindsay Road school. From nursery to leaving in 1957, to go to Southey Green school

Edited by blackhill

Most of px park was a tip, the Adlington rd side was a cornfield. The tip was my playground when I was young, I preferred it to the new park. I can remember the massive earth movers and en tout cas bulldozers levelling the two hills of earth one buchanan side, the other Lindsay side.I was sick when my den was knocked down.