Things happening on run up to Christmas

Aaaah ... the Religion of Consumerism!

Whether you believe in Christianity or not, there is so much more going on.

All of these are annual events (and there are many more besides):

• Live action nativity at Totley Hall Farm.
  • You have missed the Journey to Bethlehem at Totley Rise Methodist
  • Singing of 'Local Carols' in local pubs
  • Manor Operatic Pantomime - 3 hours of fun
  • many other local pantomimes
  • Candlelit Christingle services
  • Christmas Concert with the Sheffield Philharmonic Chorus and the Black Dyke Brass Band

coca cola Christmas truck dates/map

It seems it already has been through Sheffield according to schedule, did not see it. I drink cola sometimes as some alternative to alcohol while eating out but that is all. This truck is clearly a very cunning effort to brainwash children to drink cola, all disguised in a loving Christmas package.

Yeah it was on peace gardens on 13th Dec

---------- Post added 17-12-2015 at 11:24 ----------

TARDISROB, Welcome to Sheffield! I'm afraid those are the only 2 big such events we know about too, but wanted to extend best wishes of the season to you.

Hope you and your family enjoy Sheffield as much as we have -- we moved here about 20 years ago. Despite occasional sniping on Sheffield Forum, it's one of the friendliest places we've lived.

Have you discovered the ice skaing at the Peace Gardens yet? Not sure if they're doing it this year, Google makes it look like maybe not. But it always had a good vibe. Check out at about 50 seconds on

I thought they did but not seen anything this year, I have been to Sheffield at Christmas time before for Xmas market, tbh this year we there are a few nice stalls I was let down to see a mobile phone stall in one of them (outside Marks and Sparks)

I doubt they will be doing the ice rink now with it being next week.

I noticed with the sniping lol. At end of day everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Thanks ?

I thought they did but not seen anything this year, I have been to Sheffield at Christmas time before for Xmas market, tbh this year we there are a few nice stalls I was let down to see a mobile phone stall in one of them (outside Marks and Sparks)

That stall was there for you to celebrate your season of consumerism. :D