Smith and Baker on Ecclesall Road changed to Rhubarb and Mustard

It's now changed to Rhubarb and Mustard. It's always changing that place. Smith and Baker was good for a posh meal, but why has it changed?

There was a piece in the Sheffield Telegraph recently saying that Baker has moved on to somewhere else so I guess they had to change the name

Jack Baker is taking over The Castle pub which is on Twentywell Lane.

It's now changed to Rhubarb and Mustard. It's always changing that place. Smith and Baker was good for a posh meal, but why has it changed?

No it wasn't. It was very pretentious and vastly overpriced. I could have a much better meal in far more impressive surroundings, like Hassop Hall for example, at a fraction of the cost it was to eat in that poky little posers place.

They've gone for a more "downmarket" kind of name now eh? So maybe they are going to offer something a bit more reasonably priced and have learned their lesson?

I could have a much better meal in far more impressive surroundings, like Hassop Hall for example, at a fraction of the cost it was to eat in that poky little posers place.

I'm interested to know what Hassop Hall is like.

I'm interested to know what Hassop Hall is like.

I had a look at the menu and it was quite a walk down memory lane, several dishes I don't think I've seen since about 1985. They even have a dessert trolley!