Dog walkers in Shiregreen?

Hello, both me and my neighbour would like to know what dog walking services are available in S5 please. Service provided and cost?

I've just sent a message to my friend 'Release the Hounds' as she may be able to help. Unfortunately my hubby doesn't cover that area. Hope you get sorted soon.. :)

Amy at OUT PAWS covers that area.

Her number is 07876 367423

Really nice lass can highly recommend her .

Hi,

I am a Dog Walker and cover S5, so if you're still looking check out my Gumtree advert, Ad ID: 1132474759 (Input the Number into the Gumtree Search Box).

Regards,

Alex

Hi buffy please make sure your dog walker is DBS checked , has insurance and checkable references

Yeah, insurance and references are important, a DBS/CRB check isn't legally required but a good thing to have, I'll probably get one of those sooner or later, just so I have it although never been asked for that, what I do is just send the people I walk/have walked dogs for a copy of my university ID and my address so they have it on record.

---------- Post added 15-10-2015 at 23:24 ----------

Although when it's a business and it's more full time, a DBS check I would think, is a must so I'm sure you have one Teeny.

---------- Post added 15-10-2015 at 23:33 ----------

And would also assume more needed if you're quite old ;P

Edited by alexm1991

Yeah, insurance and references are important, a DBS/CRB check isn't legally required but a good thing to have, I'll probably get one of those sooner or later, just so I have it although never been asked for that, what I do is just send the people I walk/have walked dogs for a copy of my university ID and my address so they have it on record.

---------- Post added 15-10-2015 at 23:24 ----------

Although when it's a business and it's more full time, a DBS check I would think, is a must so I'm sure you have one Teeny.

---------- Post added 15-10-2015 at 23:33 ----------

And would also assume more needed if you're quite old ;P

Hi Alex south Yorks police advised me 12 years ago now that this was a good idea to have , yes I hold said certificates ! I also work with children . Over the past 12 years I have spent a lot of time working with customers who have had people who weren't committed to proper care of their animals who have advertised as dog walkers , Shaun Bell from Sheffield council is talking of a register for dog walkers in Sheffield so that we all need to hold these said certificates .

Hi Alex south Yorks police advised me 12 years ago now that this was a good idea to have , yes I hold said certificates ! I also work with children . Over the past 12 years I have spent a lot of time working with customers who have had people who weren't committed to proper care of their animals who have advertised as dog walkers , Shaun Bell from Sheffield council is talking of a register for dog walkers in Sheffield so that we all need to hold these said certificates .

Yeah when working with kids, a CRB is definitely a must, that's one of the specific things a CRB is meant/legally needed for. The register sounds like a good idea! A CRB doesn't really differentiate between those who are committed/good at their job and those who are not, from reviews I've read on the forum, a couple of boarders who are CRB checked haven't been very good at all. I have looked into it but it seems a bit cumbersome to apply for at the moment. References, having insurance, having a thought out advert and being friendly, they are what's particularly needed in my opinion.

Yeah when working with kids, a CRB is definitely a must, that's one of the specific things a CRB is meant/legally needed for. The register sounds like a good idea! A CRB doesn't really differentiate between those who are committed/good at their job and those who are not, from reviews I've read on the forum, a couple of boarders who are CRB checked haven't been very good at all. I have looked into it but it seems a bit cumbersome to apply for at the moment. References, having insurance, having a thought out advert and being friendly, they are what's particularly needed in my opinion.

if their services as boarders are in question , home dog boarders have a licence from the local council and you can complain about their services to the relevant council . A DBS certificate gives people peace of mind that they aren't giving their keys to a criminal etc it shows your commitment and who you are, to be fair i never thought of that 12 years ago and it wasn't until a local police officer gave me the advice and explained why it was a good idea

Yeah very true, I'll get one done sooner or later after researching it more, from what I have read an individual can apply for a basic disclosure/a basic DBS but not an enhanced, enhanced has to be through an employer but really you only need an enhanced DBS when working with kids it seems, not that I completely know the difference.

---------- Post added 16-10-2015 at 23:44 ----------

Okay apparently a basic DBS shows very little, there's basic, standard and enhanced, standard seems the way to go although not sure how I would go about getting that.

---------- Post added 16-10-2015 at 23:46 ----------

PM me Teeny if you have any more advice on the subject as I'm sure the original poster/the people above are being inundated with notification emails regarding our posts lol

---------- Post added 16-10-2015 at 23:51 ----------

Seems standard has to be through an employer too meaning an individual can only apply for a basic disclosure, which shows very little. Anyway like I said can you PM me please if you have anymore advice :) Cheers!