Violet May and the 60's music scene

I am sure many music lovers ,particularly, in the 1960'sl and into the 1970's will remember visiting Violet May's record shops.That lady could get you any record, deleted or not, I remember her most fondly, for her love of Jack Scott's records of whom I was also a big fan.Around my mid teens( early 60's) it was like a who's who of local musicians on a Saturday afternoon, ironically the lad who often went record shopping with me and drinking sometimes, became a bit of a celebrity himself, he changed his surname to Vern and sang with the Chequers. I lost touch with Ray around that time,but heard they were pretty good.Sorry for veering off topic with a little name dropping, believe me I could drop a lot more but have no wish to be crass. Anyway I am sure a lot of older posters will remember Violet and her shop(s) with much fondness.

There's already a thread on this here http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=767441&highlight=violet and from that links to even older threads.

Thanks I had no idea, left Sheffield and the Country, many years ago and have only just recently started fooling around on this forum even though I registered a couple of years ago, I never found the time to come on,now I have lots of time.

I am sure many music lovers ,particularly, in the 1960'sl and into the 1970's will remember visiting Violet May's record shops.That lady could get you any record, deleted or not, I remember her most fondly, for her love of Jack Scott's records of whom I was also a big fan.Around my mid teens( early 60's) it was like a who's who of local musicians on a Saturday afternoon, ironically the lad who often went record shopping with me and drinking sometimes, became a bit of a celebrity himself, he changed his surname to Vern and sang with the Chequers. I lost touch with Ray around that time,but heard they were pretty good.Sorry for veering off topic with a little name dropping, believe me I could drop a lot more but have no wish to be crass. Anyway I am sure a lot of older posters will remember Violet and her shop(s) with much fondness.

yer I remember violet in the 60s she got hold of 4 or 5 records that had been deleted where she found them never asked she was a a shrude business woman loved that shop xx