Extending opening hours without consultation

My mum lives next to a shop that opened from 9-5pm mon - sat Its always busy They put in a cash machine outside which increased parking and noise etc. Now they have started opening until 9pm at night and and until 5pm on Sundays. Are they allowed to do this with no consultation to the neighbouring residences? Also they are now selling beers and spirits but I have seen no planning application for change of use or licence etc.

There is no longer a requirement to display the licence holders name above the door, but there is to display a copy of the premises licence somewhere in the store where the public can view it. Also, if they are properly licensed then they will likely have the red & black "think25" posters (or similar) that you see in pretty much every off & on licensed premise. Although it is not a legal requirement to operate a policy such as "think25" the licensing authority do not usually issue a license unless the licensee agrees to operate an age verification process as part of their licensing conditions.

If none of those things are present, then i'd be calling the council.

However, there's nothing to say that the original planning consent for the building did not already allow for late opening/licensed trade & the business just chose not to use it until now.