Dial house snooker room

Did you used to go in snooker room in the dial house it was full of characters can you remember them

Did you used to go in snooker room in the dial house it was full of characters can you remember them

Dave Lund

Ken Simpson

John Peace

Ah yes them were the days! lived on leppings lane at that time,( around 1968/9,) went into the "Dial" most nights, wasn't there a chap who was reputed to be a top class snooker player in there? the name George Twybell comes to mind ( could be right, I'ts been a long time you know) As well as the snooker room I remember getting a table tennis table set up in an upstairs room that was decorated in all sorts of weird garish colours, like a disco or something with a lot of black & strange paintings on the walls, there was of course ordinary flourescent lighting as well & a few members would go up there to play table tennis at night. Anyone remember that???

Think that would be George Quibell,who played all round Sheffield,preferably for a bit of a side stake.

Yep RJRB spot on, George Quibell it was, nearly right Eh.

I remember someone had set the balls up and super glued two reds together,two older gents were playing for about half hour before they realized, they ended up taking the two balls home and boiling them to free em

I remember the young lads in there .tony lait and brother jason, the Nicholson brothers carl craig and nigel as well as there father morris,the sprigs brothers,malcom hogg,trevor Clarke, good days they were;););)

dave "the rocket" haythorne