Free roofing advice

I'm a retired roofing contractor who has too much time on his hands hence my offer of free advice. With all this bad weather around there must be people out there who have been affected by the weather so if you are in need of advice contact me. Im graham.

Advice is always free, if anyone wants to come and dig my van out and clear the roads around Lodgemoor i'll even come and take a look !!!

Advice is always free, if anyone wants to come and dig my van out and clear the roads around Lodgemoor i'll even come and take a look !!!

If you find someone to do that can you ask them to come round and dig mine aswell!

Funny how the same faces turn up on here during the day on days like this!

Ive fitted a shower this morning for a neighbour but I'm rapidly developing cabin fever now.

No worries shanes teeth, once they've finished here ill send em your way.

At this rate ill have no option but to seek solace in the pub.

At least it gives me time to catch up on the pile of paperwork that's been taunting me and I've been ignoring!

Should just get it done in time for Jezzer this afters!

I'm a retired roofing contractor who has too much time on his hands hence my offer of free advice. With all this bad weather around there must be people out there who have been affected by the weather so if you are in need of advice contact me. Im graham.

That is kind and helpful of you Rippon Street, I`m going to PM you as there are some other things to discuss;)

Here's a question!

I've got a flat roof on my garage - it's a fairly large area (probably about 40m2) and leaks in a small area.

Is there a straightforward way to patch a felt roof in an area other than cans of roof Wickes roof repair!....For example, can hot bitumen be poured over an area to seal it up, or can new felt be torched over the top?

I had a roofing guy around a while ago, who sucked through his teeth and told me it needed a new roof without really looking at what's going on - he just wanted to sell me a new GRP roof for £££££££. Yeah, probably could use a new roof, but it's not the highest on my list of priorities!

There are a few things you can do,(similar to what you have suggested) but at the end of the day they are only ever going to be something to "put you on" for a while". We`ll see what Ripon Street says. My advice is if you do replace it, don`t replace it with felt. I replaced my garage roof with them plastic coated corrugated steel sheets. Double the life span of felt.

Where's Ripon Street?

Sorry i have been away for a while. About your flat roof question. If you repair it with the right torch on felt. it will be fine . If you pm me i will tell you where to buy it and how to apply it.