Titans to play at Abbeydale?

The Yorkshire Post says that unless Rotherham RFUC can come to better terms with the people that control Clifton Lane they may have to move to Abbeydale.

But there is already a Rugby Club there and would the Rotherham faithful travel to S17 on a regular basis.

Would this solution work?

The best solution would be a ground share with Rotherham United, or for the ground owners at Clifton Lane to stop being a bunch of greedy old scrotes. If the Titans go all they are left with is a cricket team hardly anybody watches.

Abbeydale is more convenient for me, but Clifton Lane is a much nicer, friendlier place to watch rugby IMHO.

Rotherham Titans are about the only reason to visit Rotherham these days.

---------- Post added 19-01-2015 at 14:33 ----------

The latest about this from the Rotherham Advertiser http://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/news/97525/titans-days-could-be-numbered.aspx

Edited by Stoatwobbler

I enjoyed watching the Titans play at Millmoor, which was still standing when I last drove past. Abbeydale sports club wouldn't be a solution long-term as the ground couldn't be developed for premiership rugby, which i am guessing is still the Titans ultimate goal.

Abbeydale also have their own hospitality arrangements and they would relish the increased footfall.

The heart and soul of a rugby club is their own club house where everyone feels its 'family' come together. Any solution would be better with this.

....or am I just old fashioned?

I enjoyed watching the Titans play at Millmoor, which was still standing when I last drove past. Abbeydale sports club wouldn't be a solution long-term as the ground couldn't be developed for premiership rugby, which i am guessing is still the Titans ultimate goal.

I think a ground share with Sheffield Eagles would be a preferred solution for many.

Personally I don't think Abbeydale would want to lose the regular customer base they have, surely there are other facilities available closer to Rotherham?

Abbeydale seems full even on a quiet weekend, mind you having another club wanting a ground gives landlords greater chance to increase rents.

Personally not as a Rugby fan but surely Rotherham Footballl Club is a better location of Woodbourn Road?

Personally I don't think Abbeydale would want to lose the regular customer base they have, surely there are other facilities available closer to Rotherham?

Abbeydale seems full even on a quiet weekend, mind you having another club wanting a ground gives landlords greater chance to increase rents.

Personally not as a Rugby fan but surely Rotherham Footballl Club is a better location of Woodbourn Road?

Rotherham Titans play at a significantly higher level then Sheffield RUFC.

Sheffield RUFC play in North 1 East, the equivalent of League 2 in football. Whereas Rotherham play in the Championship, making the playoffs last year and challenging for the playoffs this season too. Rotherham have previously played in the Premiership and in Europe.

Numerous Rotherham players such as David Strettle, Ramiro Pez, Hendre Fourie and Juan Pablo Socino have gone on to bigger things in Premiership and international rugby.

Abbeydale also hosted a couple of Titans games last season after Rotherham cricket club objected to Sky Sports being present at Clifton Lane.

They should look to share with the Eagles at the new Don Valley stadium, when its built

Rotherham beat London Scottish 19-3 on Saturday after an excellent 2nd half. No doubt that we'll have to decamp to Abbeydale for the playoff fixture with Bristol as well.