Indoor Humidity ??

I installed a PIV unit this w/e and seems to have already had an effect. Humidity readings are down and virtually no condensation this morning

I installed a PIV unit this w/e and seems to have already had an effect. Humidity readings are down and virtually no condensation this morning

Did you install it yourself 5iron2? We have a humidity issue in our house, particularly with the walk-in wardrobe we built and I've been looking at these PIV units and considering having one installed.

Did you install it yourself 5iron2? We have a humidity issue in our house, particularly with the walk-in wardrobe we built and I've been looking at these PIV units and considering having one installed.

yes i installed it myself, its fairly easy. I bought it off ebay for £295 - a DRIMASTER with heat, came next day, about 4 hours to install it. However I am now also having to go round making sure the ceiling is a sealed as possible, ie no air leakage holes back into the loft.

But as mentioned it appears to be having an effect already.

Have you ensured their is plenty of ventilation in your walk in wardrobes?

Are you still getting any issues now or has the piv unit sorted it for you?

Are you still getting any issues now or has the piv unit sorted it for you?

After such a short time I am reluctant to say everything is sorted.I think it needs a few weeks before I can be 100% sure. However, yes I can confirm that humidity levels are lower and condensation issues seem to have gone.

After such a short time I am reluctant to say everything is sorted.I think it needs a few weeks before I can be 100% sure. However, yes I can confirm that humidity levels are lower and condensation issues seem to have gone.

Thank you for your help.

I can now confirm that the PIV unit has worked a treat. Humidity levels are well down on original readings, condensation is reduced to absolute minimal amount and no further mould growth.

We are thinking about having a PIV unit installed, but would have to get someone to install it £300.00 for the unit how much does the installation cost anyone had any recent quotes?