Human League and Heaven 17 posters - where to exhibit?

I'm currently running a Kickstarter campaign, raising funds for a series of posters, which features artwork for some Sheffield bands (The Human League, Heaven 17, ABC, Cabaret Voltaire.

I'd like to exhibit these at some stage, particularly somewhere relevant to the history of these bands, but since most of the venues of old are long gone I'm having trouble finding somewhere suitable. Any ideas?

There are also prints by Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack, and many more.

----------

Update

----------

I'm told there was a council-run arts initiative in the city centre, perhaps in the late 1970's - maybe near City Hall, which is where some of The Human League and Heaven 17 used to hang out. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Edited by Szabo-Haslam
Update

JD's Lounge Bar, newly opened on High Street, Dronfield?

Run by ex-Human League guitarist Russ Dennett, he's got posters/prints/local band memorabilia already on display, but worth a shot?

Lovely bloke - can't hurt to ask?

https://www.facebook.com/JDsLoungeBar

Good thinking, thank you for that!

Edited by Szabo-Haslam

I watched a Heaven 17 documentary recently and they mention a place run by the council where they used to do arts-based projects. By the look of things it didn't look too far off City Hall.

Leadmills been going a fair while

I'm told there was a council-run arts initiative in the city centre, perhaps in the late 1970's - maybe near City Hall, which is where some of The Human League and Heaven 17 used to hang out. Can anyone shed any light on this?

There was and it was based in what is now Leopold square and their troop was known as Meat Whistle.

There's a large shop front / window space on Cambridge Street that allows local groups and businesses to display their stuff. I'm pretty sure its free, and its in a pretty good location. I think there would be a lot of interest in local bands stuff.

Sorry I don't know what its called or how to get your stuff in there. You'd need to have a trip out to it.

Regards

There was and it was based in what is now Leopold square and their troop was known as Meat Whistle.

Brilliant, thank you for that. I'll look into it.

You could have a word with the Landlord of the Frog and Parrot, he once had a poster exhibtion run by Martin Bedford showing his designs from the leadmill days that he designed, he a nice fellow and I'm sure he would help you out.

You could have a word with the Landlord of the Frog and Parrot, he once had a poster exhibtion run by Martin Bedford showing his designs from the leadmill days that he designed, he a nice fellow and I'm sure he would help you out.

Great stuff, thank you!

Forgot about the da da bar, i think martyn ware has a hand in it still?