Bed, agility stuff, food.. what rescue would want this?

SuchIsLife

I have some items that might be useful to a rescue, having just lost my German Shepherd (and best mate). I'd happily take it to a rescue but don't currently have a car, so I'm hoping there's a rescue with a volunteer that could a) use the stuff, and B) has somebody who can pick it up.

I have a large/XL sized plastic 'basket' style bed. It's dark red, and has a few chew marks on one side from when he was a puppy. It isn't split though, and there's no holes or anything that would cut or hurt a dog. (He largely held his bed in complete contempt, no matter what lovely soft things I put in there, he preferred the sofa, my bed, or the floor. It hasn't really had much wear).

There's nearly a full bag of Skinner's Field and Trial. I'd have to get some duct tape to keep it sealed unless you had a container to put it in, as it has been opened (just not much gone from it.)

Also a tunnel and weaving poles for agility play. They come in a carry bag so easy to move and store.

I'm sure there's other odds and ends, but I'm still finding everything a little hard to deal with, some smaller toys have already gone to his friends he made out walking. But if there is a rescue or something that could use the above and pick it up I'm in Dore, you're more than welcome to come pick it up. Thinking about it there's a long line and some other stuff that might be useful. Drop me a message on this thread if you could use anything I've listed.

Hi SpeedDemon, Thanks for your condolences, it's hard to lose such dogs, they're a massive part of the fabric of daily life :( They're more like partners in crime than pets!

If your GSD is anything like mine he will dive into the tunnel and then lay there, with a 'This nylon-blue kingdom is mine!' expression on his face :hihi: I'm not sure how PM works on this forum, but if you want to pick up the tunnel and poles then let me know. Feel free to bring the dog so he can try them out to size :)

It's awful when you lose them, even tho we had 3 others (now 4, with the addition of a leonberger puppy) You can't use the PM facility until you've made 5 posts. My mum lives at greenhill so I could arrange to collect them when I'm next over there if that's ok as I live in Rotherham now. Unless a rescue wants them. Thanks x

Aye I reckon what makes it so hard this time round was it was just me and him, and he went everywhere I did :(

I was about to suggest my mate in Wath as a pick up point to make your life easier but not sure he'd love that. I'll try to make another few posts and then PM you my mobile. If no rescues want the agility stuff then you can pop over whenever suits to pick it up. I'll stick the kettle on and fill up the dog water bowl should there be a hairy visitor. :)

I cannot stress how very welcome excitable puppies and skitty GSD's are here right now. It's way too bloody quiet!

---------- Post added 02-08-2014 at 17:25 ----------

Right, think I only have to do one more message then I can use PM's, so here it is. I'll drop you my mobile number so we can arrange a day for your pups to trial run the tunnel and weave poles,.

---------- Post added 02-08-2014 at 17:26 ----------

Or not :S seems I have to wait a little more

I cannot stress how very welcome excitable puppies and skitty GSD's are here right now. It's way too bloody quiet!

---------- Post added 02-08-2014 at 17:25 ----------

Right, think I only have to do one more message then I can use PM's, so here it is. I'll drop you my mobile number so we can arrange a day for your pups to trial run the tunnel and weave poles,.

---------- Post added 02-08-2014 at 17:26 ----------

Or not :S seems I have to wait a little more

You need to post once more :)

Really sorry to hear that you lost your best mate, its so hard when they go isn't it? but it sounds like he had a lovely life with you.

So sorry for your loss. Hope SpeedDemon can pick the agility stuff up with the help of a furry visitor (or even 2) and maybe it will be helpfull to you both to chat about your amazing dogs without having to explain so much.

You never know , you could become friends :hihi: