This may seem trivial to some - but my parent's have had their two large planters full of plants stolen from outside their front door while at the hospital today - very obviously not scrap/bin items either.

As i says trivial to some but for my parents who take great pride in their garden it is upsetting :(

So if you are in S20 please keep an eye on anything you like in your front garden!

I had a vintage cartwheel stolen from my front garden in broad daylight, it weighed loads so it wasn't kids.

Which part of S20, it's a fairly big area

Which part of S20, it's a fairly big area

Sothall/Meadowgate Area,

It's usually very very quiet, there's a lot of neighbours with lovely things outside their front doors - sad that you can't have nice ornaments outside without being worried they will grow legs and walk.

Well the police helicopter has been around three times, flying very low, around the Heathlands estate over the past few days, so I was wondering if something was going on like garden thefts. Broad daylight.

Thieves will steal anything to make a fast buck - your parents tubs will most likely finish up at some car boot sale.

I sympathise with you.....not very nice when you have gone to the trouble and expense purchasing tubs and plants ( plants themselves can be quite expensive ) and arranging them for the best display to have them stolen......... I know oh too well, as this has happen to my wife and I with our garden, not only did we have some plants taken but 15 solar lights as well.

Our home is on a main road with houses on the other side and no-one sees anything ?

Not far from me in sothall. I'll keep an eye out when I'm driving round

Thieves will steal anything to make a fast buck - your parents tubs will most likely finish up at some car boot sale.

I sympathise with you.....not very nice when you have gone to the trouble and expense purchasing tubs and plants ( plants themselves can be quite expensive ) and arranging them for the best display to have them stolen......... I know oh too well, as this has happen to my wife and I with our garden, not only did we have some plants taken but 15 solar lights as well.

Our home is on a main road with houses on the other side and no-one sees anything ?

That's horrible! solar lights aren't cheap either -

The planters probably had around £70 of assorted plants in, they really did look beautiful - must have taken more than one to lift them though as they were really heavily weighed down.

Due to this though the neighbors have all moved their nice items to the back of their houses - shouldn't happen though, i'd never dream of nicking anything!