NO through road after sainsbury's trading hours

They meant there are 3 or 4 Sainsbury's in Sheffield.

30-40 would be closer to the number for Sheffield. There's at least six inside the ring road.

Only Greggs has more outlets in Sheffield.

30-40 would be closer to the number for Sheffield. There's at least six inside the ring road.

Only Greggs has more outlets in Sheffield.

I meant the supermarkets not the locals.

---------- Post added 15-04-2014 at 23:32 ----------

The sign in the link is 'no through road DURING trading hours'. But you said the sign you saw said 'no through road AFTER trading hours'??

No offence but I'm so glad your in Luton and not driving on Sheffield Roads! I really am puzzled as to how you ever passed any kind of test!!

I made this point to the o p on another thread he started, also regarding his inability to understand road signs and was more or less accused of picking on him.

Looking at the threads you've started on here since you joined, it is a little worrying that you're out on the roads at all.

So will I be alright then I didn't break any offences right?

Youil be fine. At worst youll get an invoice from some private firm telling you that you owe them money. Just bin it and forget it.

Oh and ignore some of the replies. Some Sheffielders dont like you foreign types (mean from outside Sheff) using our forum. They get all mardy and start throwing a fit.

You mean this sign?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.883696,-0.425034,3a,75y,90.21t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s-Cwv0HhB-9UtGxsJ86gL_A!2e0

That's not a prohibitory sign, and not one meant even for traffic as it should be square on to the road. I'd ignore it and most of the people saying that you were not looking out properly as well.

You mean this sign?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.883696,-0.425034,3a,75y,90.21t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s-Cwv0HhB-9UtGxsJ86gL_A!2e0

That's not a prohibitory sign, and not one meant even for traffic as it should be square on to the road. I'd ignore it and most of the people saying that you were not looking out properly as well.

If you'd read some of his other threads* then looking out properly is something he really needs to be doing.

jb

* jumping red lights, general ignorance of the highway code etc

If you'd read some of his other threads* then looking out properly is something he really needs to be doing.

jb

* jumping red lights, general ignorance of the highway code etc

I've read them yes.

In this case though I don't think it's reasonable for someone to see that, or indeed to obey it. It's not an official roadsign in any way shape or form.

It's not an official roadsign in any way shape or form.

Indeed, unless it's actually private property then there's nothing Sainsbury's can do about it.