Combining UK and Islamic law

He could but he would have to forfeit his right to the Throne... it's not because he's a protestant....I have friends where one of the couple is Catholic and the other a Protestant..there is no bar on them marrying..

Ah ! You are also smart too. Thank you so much. You answered my question. I was ever so slow typing today. :)

Hey, who you calling a dipstick ??

Oh, I forgot. I'm not a muslim. I'm a Taoist. Then again, I cannot be sure, cos sometimes people think I am a Man, or that I am a muslim, even when I say I am a Taoist. I'm confused.

Hey, don't call me a dipstick. :hihi:

I've generally very high regard for the Muslim women I know, salsafan and would certainly receive a pasting if I suggested any were short of a full shilling :)

Well, the Queen wouldn't like that considering she belongs to the COE. That would be a BETRAYAL.... *Gasps*

Hm, question then. If Charles married someone who is not a member of Church Of England, then, what happens with his estate from the Queen, or can he still be King if he was not ? Cos if you want to be the head of state, then you need to uphold the value of the COE.... This is a strange one isn't it ?

Not strange 'cos the Monarch is also the Head of the CoE..you would assume that to be head of something then you uphold it's values..

No they can't and I have already posted the link that says they can't, unless you are claiming that citizens advice are wrong, in which case I'm sure you will be able to provide a link to that affect.

Its also not the advice me and my wife were given when we had our will written, each of us had an entitlement that couldn't be avoided.

Sorry 999tigger it appears that the information I am reading and the link I posted is the Citizens Information service Ireland and not citizens advice.

:blush:

I will do some more reading.

Surely all parties due to gain from the estate must agree to this though or they could challenge it under UK law ? And is the law society saying they must let all interested parties know this ?

The principle is that you can leave your property to whoever you like.

So as long as the will is validly executed, which means signatures and other legal compliance, then it will stand as a valid will even if he wnats to leave the whol amount to the clown home or to the cat. the other partues dont have to agree because the person making the will is distributing only his/her own property. If I own a car then I dont have top consult anyone who I might leave it to.

If when the person dies and the wife/spouse, dependant fails to make financial provision for them, then they may feel hard done by. They can then make a challenge against the estate for reasonable provision be that a lump sum or regular payment, but the court decides under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. You would be able to make such an application against any will even if it was sharia compliant, but based upon the idea of being a dependant and the person failing to make reasonable provision. The court would take precedence over whatever the will said if an order was made.

The Law Society is just issuing some marketing and drafting guidelines. They do the same in terms of knowing about sharia law and bank loans, because the notion of interest is not allowed.

Not strange 'cos the Monarch is also the Head of the CoE..you would assume that to be head of something then you uphold it's values..

Well, they tried. It's hard to govern a country, never mind having this kind of family ties and pressure too. At least all is well now for this new generation, no ?

It's like a big renewal. Well, Charles have his sweetheart now, so, all is well. It would be nice for Charles to support his son and let his son be King, and with him behind to mentor and guide him. That would be brilliant for this country, I think.

Well, they tried. It's hard to govern a country, never mind having this kind of family ties and pressure too. At least all is well now for this new generation, no ?

It's like a big renewal. Well, Charles have his sweetheart now, so, all is well. It would be nice for Charles to support his son and let his son be King, and with him behind to mentor and guide him. That would be brilliant for this country, I think.

Even if Charles wanted to forego the job he's been waiting all his life for I don't think it would be easy for him to just "hand it on"....

Oh absolutely, that makes sense. So therefore if there are any disputes between families to that of Imans, or how it varies from region to region or cultural elements of Sharia Law at least there is an open baseline to show others of the standard that has been drawn, and I presume that there are less confusion and any deviation must be highlighted to the clients if they need to deviated from this. Oh, thank you so much for clarifying. That makes sense. It does. Thank you.

Ultimately the law society issues standard guidelines. They send a draft to the person making making the will,which sets out everything i.e 1/3 to x 2/3 to y. That makes it compliant with sharia law , but it does not make it sharia law. If the testator agrees by signing it, then that is their business and nothing to do with the Imans.