Sheffield Half Marathon 2004

Jamie

Originally posted by Fletch

so you dont have to keep up all you need to do is finish!! some people in the london marathon didnt finish till about 5 days later!!

It's just that the Sheffield Marathon doesn't receive the kind of support that the London Marathon does. Everything returns to normal 4-5pm and that includes Sweep Bus, St Johns and crowd encouragement all gone.

Anyone training for the half might be interested in the Lord Mayor's 10k this Sunday.

Details Here

The race passes through Don Valley stadium 7 times, and you are never more than 1K away from the stadium. Should be an excellent way of getting used to the big stadium!

Yes I'm planning on doing the half this year! Not run that far before and not done much training yet. Planning on starting properly this weekend ... guess that gives me 7 weeks!

If anyone fancies a training partner to do speed work in the park eg: Endcliffe or longer runs out Rivelin Valley way at the weekend then pm me, or contact me at:

fit_kat@yahoo.co.uk

PS: I'm not very fast & am aiming at a 10-min mile pace i.e. approx 2 hours 10 mins... In fact it will be an achievement just not to be picked up by the sweep bus!