Recreational bike rides - Seeking company!

Hi all, I've recently started using my bike to get around and have discovered how great bike rides are! I'd like to have some company on bike rides and adventures around Sheffield...Not many of my friends in Sheffield have bikes so I thought I'd give this a go!

I'm quite fit, I like to keep active and enjoy running - but I'm no cycling fanatic.

I'd like to get to know Sheffield better by just cycling around exploring!

I'm 22 and enjoy company of all ages.

Rosie

Book yourself on a breeze ride. One of my friends is a ride leader and she seems to have lots of fun.

:)

Get in touch with Jacquie at Over Ride, she organises ladies only ride outs, all abilities, really friendly bunch, at the moment she's taking bookings for MTB coaching too, have fun, x

http://www.over-ride.co.uk/

Hi all, I've recently started using my bike to get around and have discovered how great bike rides are! I'd like to have some company on bike rides and adventures around Sheffield...Not many of my friends in Sheffield have bikes so I thought I'd give this a go!

I'm quite fit, I like to keep active and enjoy running - but I'm no cycling fanatic.

Rosie

I'm a road cyclist. I haven't riden for the whole of winter and would also like to have someone to go out riding with. Reply to my message if your interested. :)

I'm a road cyclist. I haven't riden for the whole of winter and would also like to have someone to go out riding with. Reply to my message if your interested. :)

Hiya,

I hate to say this but...A/S/L? Hahaha, feel like I've just skipped back a decade!

Thanks for the reply,

Rosie

Haha fair shout, got to be careful of all the creeps out there :P

21/M/Sharrow Lane

Haha fair shout, got to be careful of all the creeps out there :P

21/M/Sharrow Lane

Very true! Shall we connect on fb?

Rosie

Edited by rosiewalsh91

Hi,

My husband and I are co-owners of a cycling cafe on Abbeydale Road (Amici & Bici). The cycling theme was his idea as he is a very keen cyclist. I'm trying to get into the cycling theme so have just purchased a bike, i'm trying to get out with other people to build up my confidence (no chance of the hubby taking me out, he's too serious).

So far I have been on one of the Breeze rides but it would also be nice to go out with others too.

I've been running recently so I wouldn't say I was super fit but I have a reasonable level if fitness which I hope to improve with the cycling.

Let me know if you are interested

I'm a bit scared of joining a club in case they laugh at me and leave me behind. Are there any groups for slow, fat people?

Hi,

My husband and I are co-owners of a cycling cafe on Abbeydale Road (Amici & Bici). The cycling theme was his idea as he is a very keen cyclist. I'm trying to get into the cycling theme so have just purchased a bike, i'm trying to get out with other people to build up my confidence (no chance of the hubby taking me out, he's too serious).

So far I have been on one of the Breeze rides but it would also be nice to go out with others too.

I've been running recently so I wouldn't say I was super fit but I have a reasonable level if fitness which I hope to improve with the cycling.

Let me know if you are interested

Hi there! I actually live a 1 min walk from Amici & Bici so know it well! I haven't been on any of the breeze rides although I did sign up to it...I got really into my running and the bike has been resigned solely to a form of transport! It's lovely to receive your message, i'm sort of in the same boat - I don't know much about cycling and I'm not daring enough to go very fast! I'm sure you must know lots of routes due to your husband's love of cycling? Are you still interested in finding a cycling buddy? My reply is a bit late...only just got around to sorting my emails out!

Hope you are well,

Rosie

Rosie

We'll be doing Bradfield dam weekends

Hi there! I actually live a 1 min walk from Amici & Bici so know it well! I haven't been on any of the breeze rides although I did sign up to it...I got really into my running and the bike has been resigned solely to a form of transport! It's lovely to receive your message, i'm sort of in the same boat - I don't know much about cycling and I'm not daring enough to go very fast! I'm sure you must know lots of routes due to your husband's love of cycling? Are you still interested in finding a cycling buddy? My reply is a bit late...only just got around to sorting my emails out!

Hope you are well,

Rosie

And now its my turn to apologise for the late reply!!! Yes, it would be great to meet up as i've tried to bully all my friends into buying bikes but none of them appear to be listening. I've booked onto a Breeze ride this Friday which sets off from Endcliffe park. Im also hoping one of the Breeze ladies is going to sort out some guided rides for novice riders soon, so that should be interesting. Her idea is to build up the routes as the riders get more confident.

My husband probably does know some good routes but as he likes a challenge when he's on his bike, i'm not so sure that he is the best person to ask.

If you are interested though please send me a PM and we can arrange to meet at the cafe.

And if anyone else is interested - the more the merrier.