New Lebanese restaurant, South Road, Walkley, anyone been??

kay_cee

If you mean ROWSHA, I've been and I really liked it.

It's got lovely decor, very lovely staff and the food was gorgeous. I had a kind of open chicken kebab with rice and it was very very nice.

I went a couple of weeks ago and had an amazing meal. There is a really good selection of starters so you could make a really good meze. I can recommend the Haloumi. The lamb and chicken in my kebab was cooked to perfection, the best I've ever had. In my opinion, much better than Shieks. At last, another good restaurant for Walkley!

I've just got back from Rowsha and thought I'd give my verdict...

It was absolutely everything I was hoping for!

We had chicken wings to start which were snaffled up in minutes - I even ate the skin which is something I never normally do! - and grilled halloumi with olives and lebanese flatbread which came with a garlicky mayonnaise dip. That was all gorgeous.

Then for my main course I had the chicken kebab with tomato which came with rice and salad and grilled peppers and more flatbread. My friend had mixed kebab which looked amazing and which consisted of some of the chicken, some lamb and some minced lamb kebab (served with the same stuff - although you can have chips instead of rice if you really must).

We had some mint tea and a large bottle of fizzy water and the whole lot came to £34 which I thought was fairly reasonable.

The staff are really friendly too. The waitor was funny - quite quirky. He tried to tell a joke about how much a polar bear weighs ...to 'break the ice' which went down like a ton of bricks... Funny in a surreal channel 4 comedy show kind of way.

But all in all it was a very tasty meal, and a lovely evening in a place I'd highly recommend.

not been in as they don't do any main meals for Vegetarians! Boo!

...and they must have changed the menu since you went because I saw several vegetarian main dishes.