Grass verge/pavement work at beauchief

having only lived in sheffield a short while i have noticed how applaingly bad the roads are with massive potholes everywhere even main roads as well as side roads, inthe last week or so the council contractors amey i think have been trimming grass verges and leaving the earth in big white sacks where its grown over the retaining block onto the footpath and also into peoples drives and also it looks like they are putting those raised pavement slabs at road junctions so people know where the edges are...now this does not look cheap to do and surely the roads are a priority???????? there cant be that many people that are so short sighted to warrant this expense when far more worrying is the main road surface?

The dropped kerbs with blister paving or tactile paving will be going in across the city at most road junctions. The tactile feel is of course useful for people with a visual impairment but there are plenty of older folk with limited mobility , wheelchair or mobility scooter users and young mums with kids in pushchairs who are also going to benefit. The other thing is that if an inconsiderate driver decides to park right on a corner and therefore blocks a dropped kerb crossing point then the police apparently will be taking a much greater interest

The dropped kerbs with blister paving or tactile paving will be going in across the city at most road junctions. The tactile feel is of course useful for people with a visual impairment but there are plenty of older folk with limited mobility , wheelchair or mobility scooter users and young mums with kids in pushchairs who are also going to benefit. The other thing is that if an inconsiderate driver decides to park right on a corner and therefore blocks a dropped kerb crossing point then the police apparently will be taking a much greater interest

yes obviously we know what they are for but the percentage of people that it affects is very small compared to the thousands who use the roads which need a massive overhaul, surely the priority should be the roads first and if there is any money left then these footpaths and nicities tactile slabs trimming etc, have also noticed that some side roads are getting resurfaced before main roads totally illogical

---------- Post added 02-03-2014 at 09:47 ----------

The road surface will be done. Just be grateful you have good enough sight to see the improvements being made for the benefit of those that aren't so fortunate.

but when will it be done some locals have told me its been promised for years

I live near Abbey Lane, and what I find difficult to understand is Folds Lane is like 'crater alley' yet they are faffing about resurfacing the pavements. The road from Sainsburys to Abbeydale Road is bone shaking! Anyone who is pregnant and overdue..................!!!!!

I live near Abbey Lane, and what I find difficult to understand is Folds Lane is like 'crater alley' yet they are faffing about resurfacing the pavements. The road from Sainsburys to Abbeydale Road is bone shaking! Anyone who is pregnant and overdue..................!!!!!

yes its absolutley ludicrous god knows whose chose the priorities

yes its absolutley ludicrous god knows whose chose the priorities

The work is being done in zones, A zones are traffic routes and B zones are side roads. The A and B zones in each area are done at different times to reduce congestion. It wouldn't be practical to prioritize individual roads.

The work is being done in zones, A zones are traffic routes and B zones are side roads. The A and B zones in each area are done at different times to reduce congestion. It wouldn't be practical to prioritize individual roads.

sorry it makes no sense whatsoever to do side roads before main traffic roads in fact i havent seen any main roads being done as i go round the city only side roads and footpaths barmy