Anyone been to a mum's 2 mum's sale

Anyone been to a mum's 2 mum's baby sale or had a stall at one just wanting to know what it was like did stuff sell etc. Thanks

Went to one in Hillsborough last month, we got some good bargains. I wasn't selling but all the stalls where really busy. If you go to the parenting page on here theres some info about their next sale

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn allan View Post

does any one know of any coming up in the future...preferably table top sales

many thanks

Dawn

try the Venue, 650 Manchester Road , Stocksbridge

tel. 0114 283 8692 or email [email protected]

£10 for table .. starts 9.30am for buyers

http://www.thevenuestocksbridge.co.u...ate=2014-02-01

dates are

15 Feb, 8 March , 12 April , 10 May , 14 June, 20 September, 11 October , 8 Nov, 22 Nov 6 Dec

I liked it .. it had 2 big hall so it felt like a mini car boot .. but i go as a buyer .. the sellers still had a lot unsold .. whether cos it's located in the outskirts ..

another good option inbetween the baby sales

---------- Post added 06-02-2014 at 18:12 ----------

i talked to a seller and she told me that she wasn't so successful offloading her stuff ..I waited till last half hour for free entry as I thought the £2 entrance fee was steep.. I noticed there were loads of unsold stuff ..another optionis to wait for the crookes nearly new sales advertised by user : kids@crookes september and April or the NCT website ( their next one usually in May )

Hi Tina,

I'm organising the mum2mum market sales here in Sheffield, the Hillsborough sale last month was our first in Sheffield, although they have been succesfully running all over the country in other locations for some time. All sellers at the Hillsborough sale filled out an anonymous feedback form and I had no complaints- they all made money on top of what they paid for the stall and even though the weather was pretty dreadful and it was the first sale we had plenty of buyers through the door most leaving with bagfuls of stuff and some even leaving and coming back in a couple of times. There was a lot of unsold stuff at the end but the sellers that sold the most stuff seemed to be the ones who didn't overfill their tables to start with so that buyers had a clear view of what was for sale.

As for entrance fees: orchid72 correctly said it is free entrance in the last half an hour of the sale or you can print off a 2 for 1 voucher on the website if you bring a friend and at this sale I will have 2 for 1 vouchers on the door for those arriving who may not have had chance to print off the voucher at home.

I hope that helps,

Thanks,

Sam

I have booked on one for next weekend at the Victoria Centre hoping it will be good!

I was there and the weather was terrible but it was such fun, everyone seemed to enjoy it from mypoint of view x

Hi Amanda, yes the next Hillsborough sale is on the 15th March from 10am-12pm at Hillsborough trinity Church again.

---------- Post added 23-02-2014 at 13:45 ----------

Middlewood Road, S6 4HE if you need the full adress. Thanks