OAP pass, getting out and about/potential cuts

I take it you will not be taking any of the benefits when you are an OAP, that's if there is any to have.

If I'm lucky enough to be as rich as Alan Sugar or Richard Branson then no, I won't be claiming any benefits.

I just can't help but chuckle that when students have to pay £9,000 tution, benefits are being cut and people have to get zero hour contracts in an attempt to get work. We're all supposed to be crying ourselves to sleep that an OAP has to wait an extra 30 minutes to use their bus pass.

If I'm lucky enough to be as rich as Alan Sugar or Richard Branson then no, I won't be claiming any benefits.

I just can't help but chuckle that when students have to pay £9,000 tution, benefits are being cut and people have to get zero hour contracts in an attempt to get work. We're all supposed to be crying ourselves to sleep that an OAP has to wait an extra 30 minutes to use their bus pass.

Who's asking anyone to cry themselves to sleep?

Let's hope you are rich enough not to claim benefits, most OAP have paid into the system so why shouldn't they get something back?

Who's asking anyone to cry themselves to sleep?

Let's hope you are rich enough not to claim benefits, most OAP have paid into the system so why shouldn't they get something back?

Never said they shouldn't. But you need to understand that it's noticeable that everyone has had their benefits cut except OAPS. Why? "Because you paid into the system all your life" Don't be silly.

It's because you vote. Pure and simple. You surely understand how annoying it is when someone scrapping around for bus fare, sees a much better off pensioner get on bus for nothing. Then hears the same sought of people moan that they will have to wait an entire 30 minutes until they get on for nothing.

Never said they shouldn't. But you need to understand that it's noticeable that everyone has had their benefits cut except OAPS. Why? "Because you paid into the system all your life" Don't be silly.

It's because you vote. Pure and simple. You surely understand how annoying it is when someone scrapping around for bus fare, sees a much better off pensioner get on bus for nothing. Then hears the same sought of people moan that they will have to wait an entire 30 minutes until they get on for nothing.

Been there done that but never begrudged the pensioners their bus pass, and you can't pay into the system all your life.

Been there done that but never begrudged the pensioners their bus pass, and you can't pay into the system all your life.

Well good for you. I don't begrudge pensioners their bus passes in fact I think it's a necessity for a vast majority. I object when Alan Sugar can get a bus pass. I think it's fairly obvious that we should have a rule where if you pay the top rate of tax you don't get a bus pass. That sounds like common sense to me.

Well good for you. I don't begrudge pensioners their bus passes in fact I think it's a necessity for a vast majority. I object when Alan Sugar can get a bus pass. I think it's fairly obvious that we should have a rule where if you pay the top rate of tax you don't get a bus pass. That sounds like common sense to me.

With that I agree Jmack.

I just can't help but chuckle that when students have to pay £9,000 tuition, benefits are being cut and people have to get zero hour contracts in an attempt to get work. We're all supposed to be crying ourselves to sleep that an OAP has to wait an extra 30 minutes to use their bus pass.

Students don't have to pay £9000 tuition they choose to be students to improve their future lives if they don't succeed they pay nothing!

You quote two of the richest and say you will not claim benefit's if you have such wealth but the odds are far against you achieving such wealth and therefore you will scrabble for what you can get like the rest of us and no doubt whinge loudly when some politician decides that you will lose something that you thought was yours by right. Or is that something you're doing already ?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and the disabled people who cant use their passes before 9:30am? which in some cases renders them useless if they would then need to get a weeks pass anyway?

The disabled people who can't get to work or education or even doctors or hospital appts before 930 without paying?

surely thats worse..

but no, lets just focus on the OAPS and half an hour, cos thats not too bad. For disabled people its a whole lot worse, and remember, our benefits HAVE already been cut, and it is harder for us to get jobs and keep them if we have them.

For disabled people who go to day centres and have learnt through a lot of difficult training to use public transport who will now have to start completely from scratch and learn how to handle money and the impact of change of all this that could have on them, I can't begin to imagine the impact of this for them.

but no, lets focus on the OAPS who have just lost half an hour and the trains.