Do you drive when going into city centre for a drink/meal?

Do you drive into town when going out for a drink/meal?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drive into town when going out for a drink/meal?

• Yes, I always drive when I go out.
    • No, I never drive. I walk/use public transport/taxi/car share.
    • Sometimes

I assume he's asking about what you most commonly do.

So you missed the sometimes option then?

No, it's just not very helpful. Does 1 time out of 100 mean 'sometimes', technically yes, is it helpful if trying to get a picture of common behaviour, no.

I even explained my answer in my post, which would have made it clear if you'd read it.

No, it's just not very helpful. Does 1 time out of 100 mean 'sometimes', technically yes, is it helpful if trying to get a picture of common behaviour, no.

I even explained my answer in my post, which would have made it clear if you'd read it.

I don't think the OP is after a clear picture. Do you. :suspect:

By the way you seem to have forgotten that it was you making comment on my point about clarity. Not the other way around.

Thinking about it though. Are there any bars and restaurants in the city centre worth the drive anyhow. Last time I was in Sheffield I walked from the Man Power building down to High Street and can't think I passed one of either unless you count Greggs.

I'd probably save the hassle and drive to a place that didn't think haute cuisine came out of a Mc Caines bag, and that wouldn't be in Sheffield city centre..

Edited by SHY TED

I don't think we actually disagree do we?

I don't think we actually disagree do we?

I doubt it. I can think of far better places to go and eat than Sheffield City Centre where I don't risk getting a ticket. I also doubt there is a worse place on the planet to go for a drink. I would far rather jump in my car and meet friends in a decent place in Derbyshire or the suburbs. And if that means I have to drive and cut back on alcohol that probably isn't a bad thing. Decent food is far more important than an extra glass of wine or beer.

By the way have you tried Bishops Bistro?

I think we do disagree about that. We just don't disagree that the OP wasn't clear.

There are restaurants I like and which I think are pretty good, Sakushi for example, The Wig and Pen just opposite, some of the restaurants around Leopold square.

And there are plenty of nice places to drink, whatever type of place you're looking for you can find.

I haven't heard of Bishops, where is it?

Often go in for a film or the theatre and usually have a meal. Bus, walk or cab for us - would never take the car.