Theta Therapy and Meditation - anyone in Sheffield

Hi, are there any Theta practicioners in Sheffield?

A friend of mine highly recommends it for Stress Relief, Motivation and Positive Thinking and I'm very keen to learn more.

Oh my goodness.. I hope not!! I'm open to the healing concepts, and have researched theta on the surface... but will always avoid extremist claims like that. I'm looking for a non religious, comforting 'something' to believe in when I really need to de stress, deflect negative people and learn how to keep calm and rational when I actually want (and need) to blow my fuse.

I saw 'theta' and my immediate thought was Scientology. Isn't that part of their terminology?

There seems to be a religious element to it if you need there to be... You call on some powerful being and I think you can choose that to be god or angels or the universe or whatever you believe in. That is what I'm trying to find more about.... I wouldn't want Scientology but maybe they use the theta techniques if they meditate. I've found some useful videos and talks on You Tube.... Still looking for somebody local who I could talk to learn more.

Oh my goodness.. I hope not!! I'm open to the healing concepts, and have researched theta on the surface... but will always avoid extremist claims like that. I'm looking for a non religious, comforting 'something' to believe in when I really need to de stress, deflect negative people and learn how to keep calm and rational when I actually want (and need) to blow my fuse.

I don't know about "healing concepts" but meditation in general is a good way to de-stress, which in turn can have beneficial effects on your body.

Personally I'd avoid any spiritual groups though.

I don't know about "healing concepts" but meditation in general is a good way to de-stress, which in turn can have beneficial effects on your body.

Personally I'd avoid any spiritual groups though.

I agree. I'm sure there are many other techniques that don't require religion and a credit card.

:o MY GOD!!!!!

Thats plain dangerous. She should be prosecuted! The lying <REMOVED>:rant:

---------- Post added 16-12-2013 at 14:32 ----------

I saw 'theta' and my immediate thought was Scientology. Isn't that part of their terminology?

Isnt that Thetans?

I found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thetan

Edited by alternageek
Removed inappropriate language

I agree. I'm sure there are many other techniques that don't require religion and a credit card.

This is the best entry I've ever read on Sheff Forum. What absolute truth, nearly all things in life are related either to religion or that higher authority then even GOD, The Credit Card.

You Sir have wisdom.

Theta is a brainwave state in the frequency of 4-7.5hz and I'm thinking this is the sort of area the OP is interested in?

Theta (4-7.5Hz) – The Light Meditation And Sleeping Wave

Theta brain waves are present during deep meditation and light sleep, including the all-important REM dream state. It is the realm of your subconsciousness and only experienced momentarily as you drift off to sleep from Alpha and wake from deep sleep (from Delta).

It is said that a sense of deep spiritual connection and unity with the universe can be experienced at Theta. Your mind’s most deep-seated programs are at Theta and it is where you experience vivid visualizations, great inspiration, profound creativity and exceptional insight. Unlike your other brain waves, the elusive voice of Theta is a silent voice.

It is at the Alpha-Theta border, from 7Hz to 8Hz, where the optimal range for visualization, mind programming and using the creative power of your mind begins. It’s the mental state which you consciously create your reality. At this frequency, you are conscious of your surroundings however your body is in deep relaxation.

Source: http://www.finerminds.com/mind-power/brain-waves/

Please note - I am not necessarily endorsing the 'paid for' services of finerminds.com but trying to address the needs outlined by the OP!

Edited by Draggletail

'It is said that a sense of deep spiritual connection and unity with the universe can be experienced at Theta'

That sounds like complete pseudo-science to me and shouldn't be used to advise anyone.

I was unable to find any recognised scientific research references.

Isnt that Thetans?

I found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thetan

Sounds about right; I was just going from memory (of the South Park episode featuring TC and the loonies).

Hope the OP finds what they're looking for.

Meditation and developing a deeper self-awareness, I would think are most worth while pursuits. Esp. considering in this modern age, how we're bombarded (overloaded) with information and generally have high levels of mental activity, I just think it's very important to have something to counter or to balance that. Something to quieten the mind and put us in touch with how we're really feeling about stuff, and finding creative ways in which to address our issues and problems.