Dog groomers in foxhill

My daughter in law is thinking of opening a dog groomers in foxhill, just wondering if its a good idea or not ?

She needs to do her research really.

Are you asking if it is a good idea to open a grooming salon? Or specifically in that area? (sorry I don't know that area).

She needs to check out the competition - what are they charging, what will she need to charge to earn a living, pay the bills and be competitive?

What is an ideal location? Is there a shop for sale/rent in that area? Is there parking? Is the price viable to your business?

I think you would be better posting in the business section of the forum as you will get advice on how to set up a business.

I wish her the very best of luck :thumbsup: It can be a tough job sometimes but it is very rewarding. I wouldn't do anything else :)

I don't know the area well so unsure if there are other salons locally. I would advise going mobile for a while first and build up a client base. I was mobile for a number of years before opening my salon. To open without a regular income is a big gamble when you have overheads. My salon has been open for 6 years now and I have two groomers working with me now to meet demand. Clients will keep coming back if they get a great knowledgable service and tell others too. I have never looked back. Good luck and as others have said do some research.

All Dogs Grooming Parlour is nearby on Halifax Road. It has been there for a long time and I imagine it has a very loyal client base within the area. Many others in the area travel into Hillsborough. And of course there's the groom room within pets at home which isn't far from Foxhill.

When people find a groomer that they and their dog are happy with, they tend to stick with them. That's the reason why I travel from Parson Cross all the way to Hardwick Hounds at Todwick. I wouldn't take my dog anywhere else even if a salon opened right on my doorstep!

Personally, I don't think there's much call for a grooming salon in the Foxhill area.

Edited by angel22