Grass verge help.

I regularly feed and re seed the grass verge outside my property,also weed and cut it when in the mood.

If the council objected to this they would be laughed out of court,I pay my council tax for them to do it so if they can't be bothered I can't see the objection in doing it myself.

Don't bother digging it over,just put some soil in the holes ,seed it, and nature will do the rest.

We were told that if we dig it over and re seed it then Mrs X comes along trips up over the curb/her own feet/thin air and tries to sue the council, then if its found we had "tampered" with it in anyway then it would become a case against us. I know things like that could be quite slim but the way my luck goes it will end up that they get 10 claims in a week for it!

Although you could sue the council if you tripped over a kerb, or as in the case a flat piece of ground, you would lose. And look an idiot. If you're happy to do it I would just do it.

jb

To the OP, am i missing something here, why cant you get your son in or out of the car?

To the OP, am i missing something here, why cant you get your son in or out of the car?

Small boys dissolve on contact with water.

jb

Because the mud bath that was once the verge has a huge puddle and mud about 2ft across. He is still in a car seat so has to be lifted in and out and fastened in. The other option is to park the car facing the other way which means getting him in and out on a busy road.

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 22:17 ----------

Small boys dissolve on contact with water.

jb

Really any need?? He loves nothing more than tramping in and out of puddles but since the puddle at one point comes 3/4 of the way up his wellies its not practical most of the time.