Car Warrenty cover questions

You can get a clutch for around ninty pounds and another eighty for fitting bit cheaper than 440

I'm confused as to what that would've served??

If the clutch is not disengaging poperly and you are forcing it into gear, you will damage the gears and the bill will be in thousands

Hyundai i10

Can't believe the clutch has had it at such low mileage. My 03 reg Accent lasted until last year with the original one. It had done over100,000 miles by then! Something's wrong somewhere . Do you know if its an hydraulic clutch? Could be a master/ slave cylinder leaking if you cannot get it into gear, rather than the clutch itself.

You can get a clutch for around ninty pounds and another eighty for fitting bit cheaper than 440

Where's that??

Where's that??

Euro car parts for clutch kit and my mate fits them for a living.

If the clutch is not disengaging poperly and you are forcing it into gear, you will damage the gears and the bill will be in thousands

Oh I see what your saying. Yes I know. It's only covered a few miles while its been so bad. Just between garages really.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 19:13 ----------

Can't believe the clutch has had it at such low mileage. My 03 reg Accent lasted until last year with the original one. It had done over100,000 miles by then! Something's wrong somewhere . Do you know if its an hydraulic clutch? Could be a master/ slave cylinder leaking if you cannot get it into gear, rather than the clutch itself.

I can assure you it's gone. The whole job. my dad thought it may b the master cylinder too & I found a supplier selling at £55 so that's what I was hoping. However, it's the full clutch. I honestly honestly don't ride the clutch so I'm shocked myself. This is why I feel I must fight for the warranty to cover it.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 19:14 ----------

Euro car parts for clutch kit and my mate fits them for a living.

You must be talking mates rates??

Edited by Bethsmummy

Oh I see what your saying. Yes I know. It's only covered a few miles while its been so bad. Just between garages really.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 19:13 ----------

I can assure you it's gone. The whole job. my dad thought it may b the master cylinder too & I found a supplier selling at £55 so that's what I was hoping. However, it's the full clutch. I honestly honestly don't ride the clutch so I'm shocked myself. This is why I feel I must fight for the warranty to cover it.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 19:14 ----------

You must be talking mates rates??

No just rung him and he says about eighty pounds for cash

Could you PM me his contact details in case I get turned down on warranty .

Could you PM me his contact details in case I get turned down on warranty .

Will do and if you want pads and link arm doing he can do those at same time

Will do and if you want pads and link arm doing he can do those at same time

Thanks muchly xx

Thanks muchly xx

PM sent with details

Glad you're getting it sorted one way or another