Dogs barking the dead of night in Hillsborough

I live near OP and have same problem, I know exactly where the dogs that disturb me live and have had to put with it forwell over a year. Despite attempts to deal with it directly with the owners. I now call 101 every time they disturb me (if its late and persistent) so there is an official log and am keeping a log for the Environmental Protection Services.

Sod's law - the dogs go quiet and then some crazy drunk woman on Findon Street or nearby starts swearing at 2am at the top of her voice for over half an hour. I've heard shouting from around there before - probably some crack house. Totally disgusting. I went out to pinpoint an address but no luck. Livid.

I live near Lyminster Road in S6. There is a man on there who keeps greyhounds in his back garden and they howl every so often through the night, possibly when they see a fox or cats on garden. He must sleep with earplugs in because they obviously don't bother him, but they certainly wake the rest of neighbours up. Apparently he has been reported but because the dogs don't howl constantly for over 20 minutes not a lot can be done.

Seen him walking around Wadsley Bridge club area with four greyhounds. They run at Owlerton but he is too tight to kennel them.

Hi Mowith.

Hmmm, could be. It's hard to say when it's a still night how far sound travels. I live much further away than other people (such as their neighbours - if they live somewhere where they have neighbours) and I wonder how they are reacting. Must be a real pain. If it was very close to me I'd be doing everything I could to get it sorted out. It's depressing to think how inconsiderate some people are.

I live near Lyminster Road in S6. There is a man on there who keeps greyhounds in his back garden and they howl every so often through the night, possibly when they see a fox or cats on garden. He must sleep with earplugs in because they obviously don't bother him, but they certainly wake the rest of neighbours up. Apparently he has been reported but because the dogs don't howl constantly for over 20 minutes not a lot can be done.

Seen him walking around Wadsley Bridge club area with four greyhounds. They run at Owlerton but he is too tight to kennel them.

I was walking along the bottom of Lyminster near Halifax road a few months ago about 5.30 in the morning and I heard them howling and wondered how the neighbours put up with it. I couldn't make out where it was coming from but it was quite scary it sounded like wolves.

I got to work a bit earlier that morning lol.

---------- Post added 13-08-2013 at 04:45 ----------

Just getting ready for work and can hear dogs barking. It's coming from the hillsborough area so it's either the dogs at niagra or owlerton if any are still kept there. I'm about 10 mins walking distance from both.