Recent School Leaver

have you thought about training to be a qualified referee? The minimum age is 14 so you are old enough. My younger brother got his referee qualification and got work every weekend. Heres one website tht offers courses just for a bit of info for you but if you're interested, go to your local library and find local training centres

http://www.amateur-fa.com/GetIntoFootball/Refereeing/Courses/

have you thought about training to be a qualified referee? The minimum age is 14 so you are old enough. My younger brother got his referee qualification and got work every weekend. Heres one website tht offers courses just for a bit of info for you but if you're interested, go to your local library and find local training centres

and you can earn an income by doing this about £25 a match

• 2 months later...

hi im a 15 year old hard working lad and wanting to earn some money or even experience as it would look good on my cv has anyone got any ideas or jobs for me if so call

jordan 07747668435 or text thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, If you're looking for something just for your CV, have you thought about volunteering at somewhere like cat protection? If you're looking for a paid job, my son used to deliver free paper in Rotherham when he was 15. Good luck either way.:D

• 1 month later...

hi all

I am 15 year old and am just looking to see what kind of work i could do like corner shop stocking shelves i am currently doing a paper round earning myself abit of money but i am wanting something after school and saturdays as i am leaving school this year and am wanting to save money for when i do leave i am capable of doing most work as i am strong and hard working any advice would be appreciated i am in the sheffield 5 area but i am willing to travel thanks

please get in touch on 07747668435 call or text

thank you very much for reading

i confess i dont know the answers to your questions...but i just wanted to say good on you for being pro-active :)

i got my first job at 16 so i don't know what the laws are for emplying under 16's with regards to the hours you are allowed to work, minimum wage or the like.

unfortunately the minimum wage didn't exist when i started working so i was paid very little for a very long time!

but, the one bit of advice i have is to really push for a good placement if you get the opportunity to do any work experience organised by your school. there is a bit of a catch 22 when it comes to applying for jobs in terms of having experience...dont have it, we wont give you a job, but unless we give you a job, you wont get it! :roll:

i kept working at my previous work experience place as a paid employee right the way through 6th form and uni. the lessons i learnt there have been really valuable to me for getting other retail work as i got older and eventually running my own business.

id also have a think about where your interests lie...enthusiasm is a big seller and great way to stay motivated in any job.

best of luck :)

x

Edited by sophiec1979

First Jordan, I love your hustle!

This time of year have you tried offering your services in your neighbourhood to wash cars or remove the leaves from gardens, later in the year offer to clear the snow.

Don't wait for a job to come along, make your own.